Chapter 6: Carmion

"This is a letter from Her Highness the Crown Princess."

Standing at the door early in the morning, Cedric politely held out a silver tray with a letter on it. As Cedric said, an envelope with the crown princess' seal was seen. Jungkook told him he did a great job as he picked up the letter, then he came back to the bedroom.

Lisa was still fast asleep on the bed. He thought she would sleep more since they went to sleep late last night while talking about which part of the territory to visit.

Jungkook smiled at the sight of Lisa sleeping, curled up and hugging his pillow.

Miraculously, after Lisa's return, he no longer confused dreams with reality. He didn't feel tired even after working late.

'I think it's all thanks to Lisa.'

It was the same back at the duke's estate. When he worked at the royal palace or at another place, he used to feel tired, but when he fell asleep while holding Lisa, he became full of vitality, as if he wasn't tired at all. Come to think of it, it wasn't just him. Whenever the crown princess was tired, she called for Lisa, not him.

This was also the case at the duke's house, where it always gets busy when winter approaches. The vassals, who were dying in the duke's office, also took a little breather when Lisa came in. They would mutter about how they were somehow less tired that day.

Not only that, but also even when the flu was all over the capital, the dukedom was always spared from the tumult.

"Huh......"

The lips of Lisa, who was asleep, curved into a smile; he wondered what kind of funny dream she was having. Looking at the way she smiled, she seemed to be doing something exciting in her dream.

Jungkook wished they could have a dream together.

He was unhappy that there was a part of Lisa he didn't know. He really wanted it all. To the point where he wanted to make sure that no one even approached the path Lisa had walked on.

Jungkook was thinking of waking Lisa, who was enjoying herself without him, but ended up just sighing and opening the letter when he recalled that it was in his hand. Why did the crown princess send a letter all the way here? Jungkook's eyes moved along the handwriting.

"......."

Blue veins rose as the hand holding the paper gradually gained strength.

"......What?"

A rough voice popped out. Jungkook read the letter again.

[......He really wanted to meet Lisa. When I saw him, I was about to call the knights right away. Apparently, even though she is already married, he doesn't care at all. He thought she was his first love. Now that he heard that you two have gone to the marquis' territory, I think he'll probably go there.......]

Jungkook's face distorted while looking at the next sentence.

[He's a man of rare proportions. I think you should be nervous?]

Krrsh. The paper he was holding was crumpled up. It was impossible not to know that the crown princess intentionally wrote the last sentence. She underlined it twice in red so that he wouldn't miss it, and if he didn't know it, he would be a fool.

'What kind of bastard is he?'

Jungkook tried to recall memories. Who the hell could he be? Since childhood, all the flies around Lisa had been removed, but what kind of person dared to put his face in without knowing his place?

Jungkook went to the bed. He sat next to Lisa and looked at her, who was still sound asleep.

"You don't know."