1

I looked down at the worn-out notebook in my hands, my heart pounding with a mix of excitement and apprehension. Its pages were filled with my thoughts, dreams, and secrets—the ones I could never share with anyone else. Among the scribbles and doodles, there were pages dedicated solely to Sid Harper, the notorious bully of Ivywood College. I had never understood why, but Sid's presence had an undeniable effect on me.

As an orphan, life had never been easy for me. I had bounced from one foster home to another, never truly belonging anywhere. And then, I arrived at Ivywood College, hoping for a fresh start. Little did I know that my life was about to take an unexpected turn.

Sid Harper was the kind of guy who commanded attention wherever he went. Tall, with a muscular build, and a confident swagger, he was the epitome of a bad boy. He was known for his sharp tongue, merciless pranks, and a reckless disregard for rules. He was the bully everyone feared, including me.

It all started on my first day of college. I remember walking through the crowded hallways, feeling lost and alone. My eyes scanned the sea of unfamiliar faces, searching for a friendly one, but all I saw were cold stares and whispers that cut through me like icy winds.

That's when I felt his eyes on me—intense, burning with an intensity I couldn't comprehend. Sid Harper was watching me. I tried to avoid his gaze, but it was as if an invisible force compelled me to look back. Our eyes met, and for a brief moment, time stood still.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. Sid's fascination with me only grew stronger. He found ways to cross paths with me, sometimes in the library where I sought solace, or during lunch breaks when I sat alone. He would flash a mischievous smile, a glimmer of something different, something hidden beneath his tough exterior.

One afternoon, as I was sitting under a tree, engrossed in my notebook, Sid appeared out of nowhere. I looked up, startled, and he flashed me that devilish grin.

"Hey, Naaz," he said, his voice surprisingly gentle. "Mind if I sit?"

I nodded, unable to form coherent words. Sid plopped down beside me, his presence both exhilarating and terrifying. We started talking—a strange combination of light banter and deeper conversations about life, our hopes, and our fears. It was during those moments that I glimpsed the real Sid Harper, the person behind the bully.

Our relationship grew in secret, hidden from the prying eyes of the college. We would meet in secluded corners, sharing stolen moments away from judgmental gazes. It was as if we were living in two different worlds—Sid, the bully, and Naaz, the orphan girl.