An Evil Deal

Turns out punching a stupid, no-good, annoying excuse of an archangel in the face was not a good idea, for as soon as Galaxy's skeletal hand made contact with Evil Day's face, she heard her bones crick, crack, and then crunch

Cursing, she drew her hand back, horrified to see her finger bones now mangled and disjointed like a spider legs dangling in all the wrong directions.

Lucieniel chuckled at her horror, and it took all her willpower not to punch him again.

"Sweet of you to punch me, Lexi," he said. "Whatever did I do to deserve such a kind gesture?"

Galaxy frowned. "Since when is punching someone in the face a kind thing to do?"

She didn't know much about how morals worked in Hell, but she supposed it was possible that things were backwards when it came to showing kindness.

"Because you realigned my jaw," Lucieniel explained, passing his hands over his chiseled chin. "When you've spent the majority of your life imprisoned in a coffin beneath the ground, life can get seriously... uncomfortable."

Galaxy huffed. "Whatever. I didn't mean to do you any favours."

He waved aside her concern. "Be that as it may, I have need of you now."

Galaxy laughed, though her heart wasn't in it. Her hand throbbed like someone had drawn and quartered it, and she could see the ghoul poisoning beginning to spread up her arm, as her right arm all the way up to her elbow was pure bone - no flesh.

How long would it be before her demon side took her over completely?

"You have need of me? Why by Heaven would I help you? You killed my dog. I almost died because of you!"

Galaxy looked down at K9, hoping for his input on this very serious matter.

However, her Nightmare seemed oddly preoccupied in trying to paw the bits of cookie out of his teeth from his earlier snack, clearly not about to give anyone his two cents on the matter.

"I saved your life," Lucieniel insisted. "Besides your Nightmare is here now. A simple 'thank you for saving me handsome Lucien!' would be nice."

"Not a chance, Evil Day."

"Ouch. And Here I thought you wanted my help in finding Evely?"

Her stomach knotted at the mention of her girlfriend.

Evely...It killed her knowing that she'd been a prisoner down in Hell for so long.

"That's what I thought," Lucieniel said, reading her defeated expression. "Besides, you owe me for saving you from those pesky graveyard ghosts, else they'd have feasted on your flesh till you matched that skinless dog of yours."

"No,' Galaxy said, shaking her head. "No way! You can't be my Soul Guide! You aren't fit to lead anyone! I have zero interest in working with you."