A Wrathful Sister and a Hellish Invite

THE THIRD NIGHT

THE THIRD NIGHT

Even though it had been a night since her hell demon blood bath, Galaxy didn't feel any better about what had happened.

Looking down at her bloodied scythe and the heart of Greed in her hand, she couldn't help but think that maybe - just maybe - she'd been a little too murderous at her fake prom.

Sure, they were hell demons she'd killed, but what did killing them mean for her soul?

Before this quest, the closest she'd ever come to killing someone was when a man on the bus had stepped on K9's tail.

Evely had to hold her back as she'd screamed at the top of her lungs that she'd "step on the man's face before she died if it was the last thing she ever did!" and that her sweet pup would be avenged. Accustomed to her outbursts of vowing revenge on her enemies, Evely had simply dragged her and K9 off the bus - even though they still had ten more stops to go - and had bought everyone waffle cones to cool down their raging tempers.

Evely was kind like that, though a part of her wished her girlfriend had been there to stop her from going on her mass killing spree.

As they walked on, Galaxy's wings curled inward.

A part of her had felt good in dispelling those demons, though it made her wonder: was this how her mother felt every time she killed someone and carried their soul to Heaven or Hell?

If anything, her fake prom night had shown her just how liberal she was with a weapon - and how good she could separate bodies from heads - though that wouldn't be something she'd put on a resume should she ever get the chance to apply for a job.

Even K9, her precious little Nightmare King, was apprehensive of her, as he kept trying to ease the tension by telling her jokes or splashing around in the rainbow puddles on the highway as they walked.

However, if there was one thing she hated the most about hell quests, it was all the bloody walking they had to do.

"Why did you even want me to face the Sin of Greed?" Galaxy asked, looking over at Lucieniel through the many souls surrounding them.

He smirked at her - and oh man - did she ever want to wipe that stupid look off his face.

"Greed was just a taster of what's to come, Rebel darling. The Seven Deadly Sins love their mind games - and I can promise you that each has their own desires and reasons for wanting something from you."

Galaxy raised an eyebrow at him. "And what do you want from me?"

So far, he'd been reliable as her Soul Guide on her quest, though she was suspicious as to why he hadn't tried something sinful yet.

Lucieniel bit his lip. "I've told you. I just want our soul bond to be removed."

Galaxy said nothing at this, though she could tell by the archangel's look that he wasn't giving her the whole truth.