Chapter-3: Tall tales, drunken dreams.

"GAH!" I looked around. I was in a room, with a bed and mirror in it. I looked at myself. The mirror was in front of the bed, a few metres away. The glass was foggy. I rushed towards the mirror. My calloused hands rubbed the stains on the glass and I hyper fixated on myself. I had forgotten. I had resurrected.

"Yiling Patriarch huh?" "Well you look very miserable and foolish." I told myself. I scoffed.

'Carp Tower...Carp Tower!'

I got reminded I had to be one of the selected few of disciples to accompany them. My plan was to beg and plead until they'd finally be convinced to bring me along. Then I thought over it again. Lan Zhan would never agree. Zewu-jun would only make me understand the 'why' in a polite way. Why can't I tag along? Becaaaause...I can't! What identification and achievement have I attained to accompany them to Carp Tower? But I had to go, all types of people would be there. I could question them more to know more about this world. I could even find answers as to why...why I happened! Why did I resurrect? Not directly would I ask. I'd have methods to acquire answers from them.

Or else, what would I do with this life? I could always leave this sect, explore, be free. But, where would I go? What would I eat? Where would I stay?

A rock and a hard place I found myself in.

It wasn't as if I could be a cultivator once mo-

My Golden Core.

I put my hand on my chest. If I never existed in this world's past that would mean...Jiang Cheng. No, no, no! It couldn't be? could it?

Past burdens don't leave easily do they?

And he doesn't know me now, not anymore. If I never existed in this world that would mean...Yanli.

I was reduced to tears. Is she...alive? She also doesn't know me, does she? Why was I given this life if the people I love are farthest from me? If I am just a mere, lowly nobody to them.

Fate tried to be kind. In the end, she's fate. She punishes. Yet rewards chances, chances which are precious yet useless to me. But my Golden Core if it had returned, could I really...

My sins, if not engraved in the minds of people, then only I myself know and know and burden. I looked at the reflection in the mirror once more. Now I wished I hadn't wiped the glass clean.

"Endless wishes huh? But never do they come true." I sighed.

I can't even leave this place! There's a ward that stands blocking strangers from coming in and going out, only if I had a pa-

The token.

If I got my hands on a token I could leave. I could stalk them to Carp Tower...Then they won't be able to turn me down. But I don't have a sword. Neither do I have Chenqing with me.

"It's useless to have my golden core back if I don't have a sword or anything!" "Where am I going to get a sword from now?" I scrunched my face. Where am I going to get a token from?

"Agh!" Fury conquered me.

I heard a knock.

"Mr. Wei, how are you feeling now?" It was Sizhui.

I looked at him anxiously.

"I'm much better now."

"You seem worried. Mr. Wei. What worries you?"

"Nothing, nothing, it's just um...cultivating! Cultivating! I- I'm a cultivator...but...I seem to have lost my sword..."

"Oh, Mr. Wei, you're a cultivator." His face was full of contemplation. I proceeded.