Chapter-9: Drunk confessions: Lan Zhan likes rabbits! (R18)

"No one. I am a nobody." This time, I walked away from him and he followed.

"Wei Ying."

"You're calling me by my name, my given name. I thought it was impolite?" I said in a sarcastic tone, I was having enough.

"..." Lan Zhan backed off but kept following me. Then I stopped at the footsteps of another, they were certainly someone else's.

"Lan Zhan. I think there is someone."

Hearing so, we both were on our guard now. The bushes moved and Lan Zhan went into them, chasing after this stalker who most probably followed us here.

"Well..." I did not wait after seeing Lan Zhan's disappearance. I immediately found the route and decided to go back to where we started. Qinghe. Lan Zhan would find his way back, wouldn't he?

~~~~~~

Wine and leisure were so much better than recalling past ache and torment.

I sat in the shop from which I collected information about 'man-eating' ridge in the first place. Dusk was nearing. Lan Zhan had not returned. I was somewhat starting to get worried. But then again, he was 'Hanguang-jun', he could handle himself alone, couldn't he?

...Yeah, my worries were overwhelming me.

I was going to go out and check. Just then, the shop's door dramatically opened and entered Lan Zhan. He walked towards me and tossed a piece of cloth onto the table where I sat and walked to the counter. Completely ignoring me. Had I angered him? Most probably. What was he going to do now? I was watching patiently.

He was talking to the man at the counter, maybe relating to work or something. I saw the man go in the back of the counter. I was watching real attentively.

He came back with wine and...two cups? Maybe he thought Lan Zhan wanted to drink. He didn't know that Lan Zhan could never drink. Maybe he was bringing the wine for me. Yeah.

He carried the wooden plate on which the wine and two cups were placed, to our table. He sat down, placing down the wooden plate. After sitting down, he poured a cup of wine, which was surely for me. But then...I fell into shock. He poured another cup of wine. Maybe he wanted to give me two cups of wine at once? Yeah. Probably...

But then my heart stopped when Lan Zhan downed the second cup of wine.

The colour from my face drained and I became pale. I was so busy observing Lan Zhan that I did not even get proper time to look at the piece of cloth he tossed onto the table. Now I surely wasn't going to look at it..

"L- Lan Zhan."

"Mm?" He held a cup of wine in his hand and then gave it to me.

I smiled awkwardly, but I don't refuse when anyone gives me alcohol so I took the cup and drank the wine.

"I like rabbits."

I smiled, I didn't expect him to say such a thing, so the fuddy-duddy Lan Zhan did have a heart.

Lan Zhan fainted on the table.

The waiters and the man at the counter all stared at him. Then me. Then they stared at both of us. They were judging us.

A waiter came up to me.

"Uh...is sir okay?"

"Yeah uhm, he's just...very much of a light-weight."

He 'OH'-ed.

"Do you need help carrying him to...your lodge maybe?"

"Uhm-" I thought about it. My leg was starting to ache. Before, it was bearable enough to run, but now...it just felt numb.

"Yeah." The waiter picked Lan Zhan up and I also helped him. I had to walk as if I were crippled. I just had to pretend everything was fine.

~~~~~~

We were in a lodge now.

Lan Zhan lay asleep on the bed. While I played with his hair and headband.

I think I tugged on his hair a bit too harshly because he woke up. And stared blankly at me, a bit bleary-eyed. It was very sudden of him to wake up, as moments, more like, hours before, he was so drunk that he fainted.

It gave me a sudden mental jerk.

"La- Lan Zhan!" "I- I- I certainly wasn't playing with your headband or hair!"

Lan Zhan stared at me for a brief moment before, he most likely snapped back to his senses.

"You were playing with my headband?"

"I- I can fix it." I was about to touch it before he slapped my hand away. He surely did not like when people touched his headband and forehead. I had experienced this is my previous life already. So I knew.

"You- You drank the alcohol in the first place!"

"You're not supposed to touch my headband!"

"Yikes, sorry..."

He tried fixing it and only made it even more wonky. This time I tackled his headband, I really wanted to help. Besides, it was just a stupid rule and we weren't in the cloud recesses! But I did not realize when we fell onto the bed together and returned to the straddling position.

"UH, UHM-" I was truly in big trouble now.

"G- Get off!" But I...kind of wanted to fool around now, even though I knew I was in big trouble. I really did not know anymore, and all the emotions that were happening to me. I smirked.

"Heh, no."

"WEI YING!" When he said it. One moment he was filled with anger and the next, he slumped deeper onto the bed, no even raising his head and looking at me, as if he was put into despair.

Then...I realized...gravely...he had gone hard.

'Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.' I chanted in my head, I didn't realize he was so-

I swallowed. Then I choked.

Lan Zhan tugged on my robes' collar and I fell onto him.

"What are you trying to do..." He whispered.

"I should be asking that to you now. Hanguang-jun." The esteemed Hanguang-jun.

"I-" My breaths were becoming laboured and my face felt hot. I looked into his eyes. His drunkenness had drifted, it was without doubt he was wide-awake. Our robes were improper and we lay like this. He was still erected.

He looked into my eyes as well, without shifting his gaze. What was I becoming to him?
What significance did he hold?

I closed my eyes, and felt his hot breath, his breaths were nearing, I felt them so well.

Then...