Chapter-8: Past pains, I can't believe he's my nephew!

Him.

"You."

"Me?"

"Who else, what are you doing here sir?"

"Uhm..." I thought of what excuse to tell him.

"Investigating! Investigating the rumours that this place has!" I smiled.

"...Have you seen a teenager, with a sword, he wears yellow and-"

"You mean the one in the bunker, the one who was in the wall, the one who is currently unconscious, just peacefully lying in Lan Zhan's arms." I had said too much.

"What." Hearing me he immediately rushed into the bunker and went down to the room that had blades everywhere.

"WAIT! JIANG CHENG!!" He halted and turned to look at me. I presumed he was like all the Lan disciples. 'You don't call Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, you call him Hanguang-jun.' 'You don't call me Jiang Cheng.' I really had to stop abruptly blurting out things without thinking.

"It's Jiang Wanyin..." There was this ominous silence between us. That silence felt longer than Lan Zhan taking a vow of silence, or so I thought.

"A-Cheng! A-Cheng!" I heard the shouts of an aggrieved woman. I immediately recognised who it was.

"Shijie?" I turned around and looked at her.

Shijie. My Shijie. Jiang Yanli.

"A-Cheng..." I pulled myself back together, inhaled deeply to suppress the tears that were trying to well up in my eyes. I was not her A-Xian anymore. I did not deserve to be, not after what happened, not after what I did to her.

"A-Jie! Why are you here?" He ran up to her. "It's dangerous!"

"A-Ling...did you find him?" She spoke in a teary voice. "I'm worried sick."

"That man said that he is somewhere here."

"Oh really!?" She held back her tears and looked at me.

"Yes ma'am...follow me."

I walked while the two of them followed behind. I couldn't believe that my shijie was alive, and well, I was the happiest seeing that she was doing well, I couldn't believe that Jin Ling-

My nephew, my shijie's son, was causing her trouble, oh if I were his uncle...

We arrived at the room full of blades. There was Lan Zhan with Jin Ling in his arms, he sat on the ground while Jin Ling lay peacefully is his arms, well the others weren't certainly at peace with his absence!

I was kind of jealous of the young boy, I wanted to lay in Lan Zhan's arms for some reason. I couldn't figure why.

"A-Ling! A-Ling! Hanguang-jun, is he okay?" Shijie sat by A-Ling with a weary look, she was worried sick.

"Ugh, Hanguang-jun, I am extremely sorry for the trouble my stu- my naive nephew caused, pardon his doings kindly..." He showed his courteousness but I detected a somewhat loathsome feeling in his tone.

"...Mn."

"A-Cheng, is A-Ling going to be okay?"

"Jiejie I-"

"Shi- Madame Jin, I assure you, Jin Ling is going to be okay."

"Who are you and why are you with Hanguang-" Jiang Cheng's words were interrupted by Lan Zhan, which was, unexpected...

"He is here to help me." His voice and complexion were cold and stern, yet his face seemed so tender and rosy.

Oh, if only I could kiss him.

"Oh. Okay. Here to help you." He grimanced my appearance and took it all in. I deadpanned.

"I did not know the Lan sect took help from...nobodys." His tone was curt. Very in disgust.

"Ai, Jiang clan leader, Wanyin." I smiled. "Haven't you ever heard the phrase, 'don't judge a book by its cover'?"

"Ai, A-Cheng." She called him out. "Why are you acting so rude with them? You just met him, and you associated with Hanguang-jun in the past."

"She's right!" I smiled my happy smile, I was sure my bunny teeth were showing.

Shijie smiled upon seeing me. Jiang Cheng glowered down on me.

'Seems like we're fated in this life as well.' I thought.

Just then Jin Ling stood up. Shijie became shocked. A-Ling walked towards the wall and went inside the massive hole again. Something went wrong.

"Ai! Jin Ling! Why did you go in there!?" Jiang Cheng yelled. No response but his eyes were open.

"What's going on? A-Cheng."

"He is most likely being controlled by an evil." Lan Zhan replied.

"Let me check." I placed my hand on his shoulder and closed my eyes. An evil spirit had laid a curse on him, I did not want to worry the others especially my shijie. I transferred the curse from Jin Ling to myself.

He collapsed to the ground.

"He's okay. Definitely okay. He'll wake up in no time."

And he woke up just after I said that.

"M- Ma? Jiujiu?"

"..."

"A-LING! I WAS SO WORRIED!" Shijie sat down beside him and hugged him. Jiang Cheng spoke.

"DO YOU EVEN REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU HAD US WORRIED!? HOW MUCH YOUR MOM WAS WORRIED!? WHY DID YOU RUN OFF LIKE THAT?!! ANSWER ME!!!"

"A-Cheng, lower your voice, you're scaring him."

"..." Hah! Jiang Cheng always gets dumbstruck when my shijie makes a point!

I was just smiling now.

"Wei Wuxian. Let's go." Lan Zhan grabbed me by the arm and started pulling me away from them.

"H- Hey! Lan Zhan!"

"Where do you think you're going!?" Jiang Cheng yelled. Before coming out of the bunker, I imagined him tsking and mumbling my name under his breath. 'Wei Wuxian, so you're name is Wei Wuxian?' 'Tsk.'

It was so likely of him to do so.

"You're hurt." Lan Zhan said to me, after we reached the entrance to the bunker. He tried pulling up the end of my pants but I resisted and didn't let him, before finally, I submitted.

"You transmitted the curse to yourself."

"Wow, Hanguang-jun, you really live up to your reputation...How'd you figure it out?"

"...You were standing with your feet in an...irregular way..."

I scoffed upon hearing him.

"Wei Ying..." "Who are you?"