Chapter-10: The piece of cloth, a trip to the market.

I fell asleep and woke up on an empty bed. No Lan Zhan, no...explicit feelings. Last night made me feel a bit dizzy. Very dizzy. And the shock was wavering upon me still.

There was a knock on the door. I went there and opened it.

"Oh, Lan Zhan."

"..." I grinned looking at him. His face was still so...composed. He entered brushing me aside and sat down at the table and pulled that piece of cloth out. The one that I had remembered to bring after Lan Zhan...well he uhm, fainted.

He put it on the table. I walked towards the table and studied the piece of cloth.

"Whom does it belong to?"

"What do you think."

"It think it belongs to someone from the Nie clan."

"Correct."

"Well...is he..." I was trying to guess. Maybe he was someone whom I did not know, probably one of the disciples but, then again...

"I scheduled a meet-up with him."

"Oh, so then he must be someone of importance."

'Someone of importance...' I repeated in my head.

Nie Huaisang.

"Well then, I'll get ready to meet this person of importance up then..."

"Evening."

"Oh then we have plenty of time, maybe we can explore, you know, roam around as normal individuals?"

"...No."

"Please."

"No."

"We have no better work to do."

"I'll practice my Guqin then."

"..." "Then can I go and roam around in the market place?"

"No."

"...PLEAAAAAAASE!!!"

"No."

"Ugh...Lan Zhan, you're no fun..."

"Do something worthwhile."

"Hmph!" I sat down on the bed sulking. Lan Zhan went to the table and brought his guqin out. I noticed him look at me for a while.

A really long while. I turned my head to another direction and had my arms crossed. I decided to sulk.

"Fine, you can go." He suddenly said. I looked at him with a surprised face.

I smiled wide at him.

"Thank you so much Lan Zhan!" I beamed up with joy. Huh, so he did have a heart in the end.

I was grinning. "Oh, yeah, and also, can I borrow your money pouch? Incase...I'll need to purchase something..."

He threw his money pouch on the table without making any remarks. His face remained unchanged even after I smiled at him so much. I guess we still had a lot to work on.

"Thanks Lan Zhan!"

~~~~~~

The market place was like a market place. Crowded.

There were stalls and more stalls and all types of goodies on sale. I had a money pouch. More overall, My- ahem, I mean, Lan Zhan's money pouch.

There were people everywhere. None of them didn't even know 'Yiling Patriarch,' anymore.

"Gahhh..." "It's like none of it ever happened..."