15: I'm clearly not the weak one?!

Owen's pov
Smack!

We watched Averil slap Cassius and run away.. I tried to chase after him but Malachai held me back.

"What the hell happened?" Malachai asked with his most authoritative voice ever. He looked into Cassius direction who was still so shocked, he held his face for a long time before he answered.

"I told him we were his mates and he was happy but then his facial expression changed and— and he ran." Cassius fell to his knees while wiping his eyes.

I ran to him and kneeled down to the floor to hold him in my arms.

Cassius had a hard time with rejection, he didn't have the best childhood, he was neglected, abused and treated differently among the family he grew up with because of his strong physical abilities.

Malachai eventually joined us in the hug. "Is there something wrong with me? Do you think he's scared of me?" He sniffled.

Malachai pulled back from the hug and held his arms out so Cassius could crawl in his embrace and he did, he curled up against him and continued to cry.

My heart ached for Cassius, he was super aggressive the first time we met him, he wanted to be better than all of us just to prove he wasn't just a famous boxer. But what he doesn't notice is how much of a great dad, an amazing husband, and a phenomenal businessman he is.

"No, there's nothing wrong with you babe, Averil is just dealing with his own pain, and he doesn't have the greatest support system.."

I thought about Averil as well, I wondered what has been through. Has he had a horrible childhood as well?

"And me and Owen are here to love all of you, soon Averil will learn about you and find out how amazing you are." I smiled at that.

"I love you Cassius." I cooed pinching his cheek

"We love you Cassius." Malachai followed

"Fuck off guys I'm not ten!"

I smiled.

There he was, our Cassius.

Averil's pov
Thunder cracked and rain poured heavily. The sky was dark and my senses were much more heightened.

I ran on all fours trying to get back to the neighborhood. I've lost track of time and ended up taking a too much long of a walk.

My paw got stuck in a gunky muddy hole and I fell in even deeper trying to get out, my white coat was covered in mud.

Fuck..

I struggle to get out of the mess,  once I do I shift back and run to the tree stomp I left my clothes at.

I don't mind that they are soaked in rain water I hurry and slip them on despite how dirty I am.

I fluff my hair out at least trying to make it seem normal looking and I go the direction towards my house.

I sneak in the backyard and look through the window. I saw Dane dancing with a woman. The sight would've bother me like three days ago but I could care less.

I put my ear to the window and rely on my werewolf senses.

"You're my true mate my dear.. once I break up with that omega.. we'll be able to have a pup and—" thunder cracks and I'm suddenly unable to hear the rest.

Thank you very much Thunderstorm.

I scoff and sit down on a random rock. Had I seriously been this delusional this whole time? I let this fool abuse me and this WHOLE time I didn't dare think to beat his ass back?!

Maybe im just all talk..? Nah..

"Dammit, I could take him right here!" I punch the brick wall, highly regretting it as I heard the sound of my bones cracking. I fall over in pain on the wet ground. "M-maybe in another life." I groan holding my fist.

I stand up and look in the mirror, a scary looking man covered in dirt stares back at me and I scream.

I go to run away but I realize it's just me.. damn do I look like shit.

Well since Dane thinks im not going to be back any time shouldn't I just book it to Kimberly's? Nah that would be too obvious of a place to go..but I could say we were hanging out? 

I would go back to the Aslans house but the tension is probably so high up I may grow a few inches.

I go to punch the wall again but I draw back knowing I'll just be in pain so I punch my thigh in frustration.

How could I be so sarcastic at this time when I have other matters to attend.. I literally slapped Cassius! What the fuck.

And suddenly I'm not scared of Dane? He literally terrifies me even if we are a feet apart.

That's it I have to face him.. I come across my reflection again and jump. What the hell I can't even face myself?! Okay that's it I'm going to my mates hou- the Aslans house.

I slip in mud once again and mutter a low curse word.

Perhaps that walk in the woods helped me and my wolf come close to things. How was I scared of Dane? He hits like a child! I laugh at myself and end up running into the front door of the three vampires.

When have I walked so quickly? And why the hell am I so clumsy all of a sudden?!

I go to knock on the door and it opens without me even knocking. Owen screams and I scream back because why is he screaming?! I run into the house almost tripping and look back in fear.

The fuck does he see?! I hold my chest trying to calm myself down. He screams again and I scream with him.

"Who are you?!" He holds an umbrella at my neck.

Oh.. he was screaming because of me..

"Do I seriously look that bad?" I sigh trying to clean my face. He squints and his eyes widen. Im tackled to the ground before he could even answer.

"Ow!" I whimper.

"Shit! Cassius, Malachai get off of him! Its Averil."

Hands are all over me trying to check and see if im alright but I cough holding my chest. The wind damn near got knocked out of me!

"Shit! Im so sorry pup. Ah fuck why didn't you say so sooner Wen Wen?!"

I pry their hands off of me and stand up quickly. "For the love of God please I need a warm bath and food or im going to go crazy!"I shout. I'm tired of acting shy.. now that I know were mates they should expect such behavior from me.

Just thinking unbelievable shit in the moment of need isn't gonna help you

Shut up self.

"Sweet, you— what happened?" Malachai stutters out. Cassius looks just as shock and Owens look like he's about to lose it.

Don't laugh.

——
Me after I was threatened heavily on chapter five in 'When Am I Urs'

——Me after I was threatened heavily on chapter five in 'When Am I Urs'