Bound by a Brush

Art found on Pinterest by @bluefills

I sit up quickly and realize that the thumping I was hearing wasn't some sort of heartbeat, they were boots.

The sound of boots I was very familiar with, their heavy nature, and subtle squeak, and they were running along the building I lived in, and fast.

In a heartbeat, I snap to my feet and quickly rip my cover off my bed. How the hell was I going to hide this?!

Hobie's POV...............
I stepped out the colorful portal and into Pav's radiant world. I walked to the edge of the building and scanned the ever bustling city of Mumbattan. I've been here a few times, though not enough to know my way around easily.

I took a leap off the building, swinging from one brightly colored skyscraper to the next. 'Oh, ye' now that'd I think 'bout it, those bit of buildings looks bit familiar.' I noted to myself and made my way towards the general area. I landed on the side of a building and began running along the glass windows, 'bet I'll know it when I see it.' I jumped and swung a bit from wall to building as I felt familiarity guiding me. Soon I stop over of one window with a smirk under my mask. Knew I'd find it.

As I got close to it, the window pushed open and Pav peeked his head out and looked at me. "Hobie!" He said quickly with a mixture of surprise and excitement. "What are you doing here?" He added with a smile, though an unsettled one. "What? Can't drop in fo' a visit?" I chuckled and crawled through his window. "Yeah of course you can!" He beamed a better smile, the smile that made this lively world seem duller in comparison. Though my eyes then glance to his bed.
"Oi where ya' covers at?"
"Washing machine!" He chirped quickly.

Pavitr POV.....................
He turned his head back to look at me, and we stared at each other for a moment. "Dropped food on it, so you know." I added, hoping would be the end of it.

He glanced at the bed then back to me. "Food, yeah?" I could hear a widening smirk in his words, even hidden under his mask I knew it was there.

Oh shoot is he going to get the wrong idea? Or- well the right idea?

"Ya' alright." He sneered and moved to my desk chair plopping on it. "It was!" I said defensively, feeling my cheeks heat.
"Yeah okay."
"Im telling the truth!"
"Ye' I believe ya." He then swiveled the chair in circles, slipping off his mask before stopping to look at me. "Nd' that's why your look all disheveled then, yeah?"
He gestured a limp hand towards me, his lips still pulled into that damn smile.

I feel my face flush with embarrassment and quickly attempt to fix my clothes. Which earned a snicker from the punk. "Well I meant ya' hair but yeah that too, come sit" he chuckled before gesturing to the floor in between his legs and he reached and grabbed my brush. "What? I can brush my own hair." I quickly protested but he only rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you could. Now come sit mate."

"It's fine I'll do it" I moved closer to take the brush from his hand but he leaned back and raised his hand away from me. "Nuh uh." He chuckled as I reached again, this time he stood and held it out my reach. "I said I'll do it!" I called out with smiling fake anger. He looked down at me with a sly smirk, stepping closer to tower my own height. "Yeah? Come nd'  get it then."
He leaned down a bit with a taunting smile, and I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow, mirroring his cocky smirk as we stare at each other for a moment.

I then shoot a web at his hand but he swiftly snatched his hand away. "Fast." He chuckled admittedly before sliding on his mask again. "Not fast enough." He quickly jumped on my wall as I tried to grab him, and jumped out my open window with a loud laugh.

I smile with furrowed eyebrows, I know I'm falling for his antics, but I can't help it, I love a little competition. I swiftly slide into my suit and slip out the window in search of the lanky man.