Confront and Comfort

Art by 🎨 @dripdollie on Pinterest

⚠️Warning: Sexual content ⚠️

"H-hey bro. What are you doing here?" I finally catch up to my thoughts. "Oh me and Hobie's were just-"
"Who's at the door?" A distant deep British accent called out to Gwen. And with the fuming thoughts in my head, I couldn't tell if I wanted to run up and hug him or not see him at all.
"Oh! It's Pav!" She called back then looked to me again. "Pav?!" I could hear him exclaiming and moving as if he were getting up. "Wanna come in?" She asked as she opened the door a bit more for me.

I took a hesitant step backwards as all I could focus on was the sound of boots getting louder and closer. Before I could even make the decision to just run, he appeared at the doorway, making me stop backing away.

"Ey Pav, missed me?" He put his hands at the top of the door frame and leaned forward, a smile pulled on his lips as soon as he seen me. I wasn't sure if I missed him or wanted to cry. "Come in ya? We can have tea f' ya' like?" He pushed off the door and gestured for me to come in. "Ooo yeah tea sounds great." Gwen chimed as she followed him. Without even thinking, my legs had followed behind the two, maybe it's for the best anyway, I really don't want to make a scene.

"Oo no wait! Can we have Chai instead?" Gwen said as she plopped on the couch. "Yea' sure. 've got enough fo' chai." The punk nodded and before he could make it to the kitchen, I chimed in. "It's fine, I'll make it." I tried to force a happier voice, the mask really helped hide my confused emotions. I wasn't sure what to make of them yet, making chai should definitely give me some time to think. "Great! I love you chai!" Gwen cheered out.

I move to the kitchen, pulling out milk first and setting it on the counter. As I move to the cabinets for other ingredients, which I had to get on my tippy toes to attempt to reach, I suddenly feel a hand set it's self onto my waist. It makes me flinch, feeling the second hand on my other hip, I look back to see Hobie towering over me. He pressed himself against gently against my back, and leaned down just a bit to speak into my ear.

"Ya' alright?" He asked softly, despite my body immediately getting hot, my face burning and my brain buffering for a moment, I was still pissed.

I don't say anything for a moment, moving my hand up to reach for the cinnamon, trying to reach by getting further onto my tippy toes, but it was hard to move at all with Hobie's body pressing me against the counter. Which I tried my damn hardest ignore. He leaned into me a bit more and grabbed the cinnamon for me, holding it out in front of me to grab. I hesitate for a moment, not turning around at all in order to hide my blush from him, but I take it from him and try to move. Yet his hands tighten on my hips, and he leaned his head down again.

"Ey, What's wrong Pav?" He sounded more genuine, and it was cracking away at my anger. I sigh and move his hands off me as I turn to face him. I keep my eyes to the ground while i place my hands on his chest to push him back a bit. He lets me move him, albeit reluctantly, and I glance to Gwen to make sure she wasn't paying attention then finally look at Hobie. Who was staring at me with an expectation of some sort of answer. Finally I take off my mask to meet his eyes.

"Why-" I stop myself and look away a bit. Would I already sound like a overbearing lover? Too controlling and such? It discouraged me for a moment before Hobie put a finger under my chin to make me look up at him. "Why what?" He tilted his head a bit, waiting intently for more words. I glance to Gwen again then back up to him. "...Why is she here?" I whisper with a sadden, tired sigh. I could already feel my eyes glossing over with tears.

He was silent for a moment.
Was he thinking of a lie? Maybe searching for the right words to let me down easy? I felt like I was going crazy with anticipation for him to say something bad. Or say anything.