The Rangers game

Eliott- 5

Maeve- 3

Josephine

Tonight the Devils are playing against the Rangers, and I decided that instead of leaving the kids with a sitter I should take them with me. I just hope Maeve behaves. As her personality developed I've come to find out she decided to pick up on my personality. I can bitch and moan about her attitude as much as I want but at the end of the day, she got it from me. 

I flip some pancakes, Reggie's way, of course, and wait for Jack to get home from morning skate. The two sit at the table eating their pancakes whenever Jack comes in through the door. "Daddy!" they both yell, leaving their pancakes on the table to greet their dad. "Hi my love bug, hi babydoll," he kisses both their heads, carrying them back to the table as he makes his way over to me.

"And hello to you, gorgeous," He smirks, pulling me closer by my hips. "Children are watching," I warn him as he lets go of my hips with a chuckle. I turn around, pressing a peck to his lips. "Ew mama," Maeve's face drops as she watches Jack and I kiss. I giggle, before smacking his butt and telling him to eat some breakfast I made. 

I flip my pancake onto my plate and take it to the table where my family is sitting. I sit beside Jack, pushing my chair closer to him before we start eating. "Daddy, can you do my hair?" Maeve asks sweetly looking up at him with her big blue eyes. "Of course doll, after we're done eating I'll do it," He winks at her as he eats his breakfast. 

When we finish eating, I tilt Jack's face up to kiss him one more time, just 'cause he looks so good today. He's in a black t-shirt that hugs his muscles and a backward cap. And luckily for me, Maeve isn't in that jealous stage anymore. Back when she was god forbid I even sat next to Jack, we had to sneak kisses around like teenagers before he got fed up with it and sat down to give her a talk. 

Since then she's been okay with sharing him. 

Jack takes her upstairs to put her hair up into pigtails and he even ties red bows on them, since she'll be supporting her dad tonight. I help Eli take a bath, then fix his hair before putting him down for a nap that'll hopefully keep him up through the night. Jack and I tiptoe out of their rooms, letting them sleep for as long as they can as we take a nap of our own. 

Jack lays down, opening his arms for me to sleep in. "I feel like I haven't touched you in so long," Jack whispers, pulling my leg around him as my other leg stays straight. "Jack, we literally fucked last night," I giggle, kissing his jaw. "Nap now, sex later," I compromise, wanting to sleep in a bit after my early morning when Eliott wanted to wake me up with his guitar playing. 

Jack's hand sweeps underneath my shirt and scratches my back, helping me doze off in a matter of seconds. It's times like these when I miss when it was just us. The feeling only stays for a minute because I think about how much I love my little ones, and how bland my life would feel without them. 

I hear Jack's alarm go off and I groan pulling him closer to me. "I know I'm sorry," He apologizes by pressing a peck to my temple. "Don't leave," I beg, even though I know he has to. He pats my butt a few times, silently asking me to get off of him, so I roll off. I watch him get ready through sleepy eyes, and I sleepily pucker my lips so he can kiss them before leaving. 

I set my alarm for another hour when I hear my door open, and small feet slap the floor. "Missed you," Eli says, getting on top of me to sleep an extra hour beside me. "I missed you too, golden boy." I smile, before dozing off to sleep again. As my alarm rings, it's his turn to groan. "Come on little love, let's get ready for Daddy's game," I say excitedly, putting on his Devils' jersey and some black pants.