Eliott and Stevie

Eliott

God, I suck. No, this class sucks, why is it so fucking hard? I knew I should've gone straight to the Devils instead of going to school because this class fucking sucks. I just got my exam back which is fifty percent of my grade and I got a D. I failed it. Our professor continues his lecture while I stare at my grade trying to figure out how to make up for it. "If you did not pass the exam there will be a makeup in two weeks, so I suggest you study," he says, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

I perk up, writing all the information for the retake down. I look to see if anyone else is writing this down and see a few other people but I also see the girl across from me with an A on her paper. I don't realize how long I've been staring at her paper but when I realize everyone's packing up and she's staring at me I conclude that it's been long enough. 

"Hello?" she says and I shake myself out of the trance I was in. "H-Hi," I say softly, looking down at her paper again before she holds it to her chest with one of her textbooks. "How did you do that?" I ask, referencing the test and she shrugs her shoulders. "I studied," she says shortly, I pack my things up ready to follow her if I can't get her to agree to tutor me here. 

"How though? I studied, and I got a D," I show her my paper, watching her wince. "Yikes, I'm not sure what to tell you," She starts backing up from me, moving towards the door. I follow her outside giving her a few ways she could help before we get cut off by a girl around her height. "Stevie, we got a surprise practice in an hour, coach just said," she says, causing Stevie to look at her phone. 

"Practice? What do you play?" I ask genuinely wondering, while also really wanting to see if I can hit a sweet spot with her to get her to tutor me. "Volleyball, which is why I can't help, I'm always busy," She says once again inching away from me. "I'll accommodate you, trust me I know being a student-athlete is hard, please I need this to play," I beg as her friend says, "Steve, move!" She waves her hands around at the both of us and says, "I'm going, and uh, sure, give me your number and I'll tell you when I'm free," she says, making me smile. 

"God, thank you," I say very appreciatively, giving her my number. I thank her again, letting her go off to practice with her friend. I honestly didn't expect her to give in so fast, but I'm glad she is, I need this. 

-

 Stevie

"Dude, dude, dude!" Lena jabs my side as we walk to my car. "What?" I ask, unlocking it so we can head to our dorms and get ready for this surprise practice. I feel like this practice is definitely punishment for our performance last night but still knowing a day in advance would've been useful. I was going to go to the mall today to do some shopping, my closet needs revamping. 

"Eliott Hughes gave you his number," she tells me as if I wasn't there for the interaction. I send him a quick message so he can save my number, and pull out of the parking lot, driving to our dorms. "I'm aware," I say. I know who Elliot Hughes is, I know he's like this total stud and all the girls on campus want him or something, but I don't want to turn me tutoring him into some stupid rumor.

"He wants you," Lena says, falling back into her seat as I laugh at her. "Right, he wants my help," I remind her as she scoffs, getting out of the car and ranting to me about how this is amazing. "Stop name-dropping him," I say, pulling her into our dorm as she continues but calling him by a nickname.  "All I'm saying is Mr. Legacy, didn't ask me for help and I got the same grade," 

-

After a few days, I finally figured out my schedule for the week and tell Eliott the days he could come over so we could study for his makeup. Today is one of those days, so I'm frantically cleaning my room, trying my best to make it look presentable. When there's two athletes in one room it can get kind of messy but it also makes clean-up time super competitive.