Luke!!

Luke 

I've never really longed for a partner, I'm still pretty young and even though Jack met Josie around my age I'm not interested in meeting people to settle down. I'm enjoying this bachelor life I have going on. As Josie once said, "I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own. I made up my mind, I'm better off being alone," And I stand by that, my sis speaks the truth. 

But. 

I'm standing in this crowded room full of hockey players, their wives, and a few girls I don't know. The minute her friend dragged her closer to the rookies I had my eye on her. We've made eye contact a few times, and each time she snaps her head in the opposite direction. I want to meet her, so I down the rest of my drink and walk over to the rookies. "Miller, Colls, Kenny, good job tonight," I slide in, just wanting to introduce myself to the pretty blonde. 

"Ladies, this is Luke Hughes," Collin introduces me, the blonde smiles softly, as her friend extends her hand to shake my hand. I internally sigh but shake her hand to be polite. I look at her, waiting for her name. "Grace," she wraps her arms around herself after shaking my hand. Grace, Grace, Grace. 

I stand there talking with the younger guys just to get an extra ounce of her voice. "Bek, don't we have to go home, we have an early morning tomorrow," she says to her friend, Bek nods like she forgot all about her responsibilities. "Alright boys, we gotta go, but it was so nice meeting you," She says before the rookies ask for their numbers or socials. 

Grace starts walking backward to avoid giving any of that away, but that's not going to work for me. "Yeah, I should go too. I'll walk you guys to your car," I offer, selfishly wanting another ounce. Bek smiles, letting me hold the door for them as we walk out. "So what do you guys do?" I ask, noticing how Grace looks like she freezing. I take my coat off, passing it to her but she declines.

"You're freezing, just take it," I smile, and she does. "We work for this publishing company, and we have to go in early tomorrow for this stupid meeting," I listen to Bek talk the whole way to their car, just waiting for Grace to butt in but she doesn't. She's very reserved, it's cute. When they open their car doors, she shrugs the coat off handing it back to me with a quiet, "Thank you," I nod, smiling down at her. 

"Can I get your Instagram or number?" I ask, hoping she doesn't think I was just being a gentleman to get her number. Which I was but I don't want her to think that. I'd be a gentleman after getting her number too. She hesitates as her best friend starts spitting out her number to me and telling me her full name. 

"You're a lifesaver, Bek," I chuckle, saying goodnight to her and closing the door for her as I walk all the way back to the restaurant and a bit further to get to my car. So what if my car was in the opposite direction, I wanted to know her a bit better. 

I turn my heat on as I pull my phone out and type her Instagram in.

Instagram