surprise: the twins

Eliott: 5

Maeve: 3

tw: throwing up, emetophobia 

Disclaimer: smut

Josephine 

I woke up this morning with a really bad feeling in my stomach. I get out of bed, and walk to the restroom, hunching over the bowl before throwing up. God, I knew I shouldn't have had that sushi last night. Sushi always makes me sick but in the moment it tastes so good. A few minutes later Jack walks in, pulling my hair back and rubbing my back. 

"I knew we shouldn't have had sushi," he says making me chuckle during the quick break I get. He knows me so well. He sits with me until I'm done handing me some water before I flush everything down. I slouch into him, taking deep breaths as he runs his fingertips over my thighs.

"Let's go back to bed," I tell Jack knowing he needs all the rest he can get, today starts the final round of the Stanley Cup. We've made it so far and his hair is long, and his beard needs to be trimmed but I'm well accustomed to those hockey superstitions. I brush my teeth and get in bed, hoping to get a few more hours of sleep before the game tonight. 

Today's the first game of this round and I get my outfit ready but keep having to run to the restroom. I start getting really sick but try pushing through for Jack because I know he wants me there. I can barely walk without getting dizzy and nauseous and right before we have to leave Jack walks in to see me still in some shorts and a sweater. 

"Hey, what's going on?" he asks, squatting down in front of me to see my tear-streaked face. "Jack, I'm so sorry I just feel really sick, I can hardly stand without feeling sick," I tell him, putting my head on his shoulder, wanting to feel close to him. "Don't worry about it, we'll have more games. Just focus on feeling better, okay?" he says, kissing my head. 

I nod my head, "I'll miss you, bye baby," he says, grabbing his things and walking out. I decide to make the most out of this situation and put Eliott and Maeve on my bed and bring a bunch of snacks up so we can watch their Dad play. 

Throughout the game I have to take breaks and go to the bathroom, emptying the contents of my stomach. Yeah, I'm never eating sushi again, this is awful. 

-

After winning the first game we have a gap in between that Jack used to help me feel better. For the most part, I start feeling better, so for the next game in New Jersey, I'm good to go. I put on a red shirt and my black playoffs jacket that I made with a few of the girls at Nico's house. I curl my hair and get the kids in their jerseys. 

Elliot holds my hand, getting into his car seat by himself while I help Maeve buckle up. I put on Taylor's new album on the way there, parking my car before going to the friends and family section. I hold both kids' hands before they let go and run off and yell "Grandma!" I look up to see Ellen squated down with open arms, ready to hug her grandchildren. 

After they let go and hug the rest of their family, I hug Ellen letting her rub my back as she tells me she's glad I'm feeling better. I take a seat next to her with El and Mae next to me. They watch their dad carefully watching as he shoots the first goal of the night. We all stand to our feet cheering him on as the guys circle him and the goal horn goes off.

I stand up too fast, getting dizzy and nauseous again. I sit back down, clapping but grabbing my water bottle to push the feeling away. "You're fine Jo, you're fine!" my brain yells, pushing myself to be okay for Jack. He's been stressed out and adding a sick wife on top of that isn't helping. I look over to see Ellen looking at me with a concerned look on her face.