CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Nma arrived at her studio plus a boutique. It was a one story building in a very high profile part of the town. She parked her car and glanced at her building, the top floor showed female clothing of assorted type, from smart working clothing to enchanting evening attires. There were about three wedding gowns and some sexy lacy under wears on display while the down floor showed off male clothing. The top floor was already showing her latest design in evening gowns and office clothes.  She walked into the building, first of all stopping at the men’s floor to see how things were going. There were already customers as she expected, today being the beginning of the weekend and also a public holiday. As she entered, eyes followed her. She knew her customers couldn’t believe it as her workers called greetings to her. She smiled and nodded at them and walked into an office.

Felix was her manager, accountant, friend, brother and every other thing in between and he was also the only one she had closest to a family, him and his wife Tessy. She smiled as remembered when she was sixteen and had a huge crush on him. That was before her father died.

“Morning babe” he greeted.

“Good morning Felix, I can see it is really a good morning. Do you have any idea what brought these people out this early” she asked jokingly

“I guess they saw you and followed you to this place, every hot blooded man would” he said laughing.

“Were they so anxious to see me that they got here before me? Oh Felix don’t believe all you hear, I don’t attract them like that” she smiled

“I don’t listen or believe what I hear, I know what I see” he told her “You are beautiful; it is only natural that you should attract them. Moreover it brings them here and when they come, they buy.”

“Anyway I hope they are buying and not just looking around”

“If that happens, you could hang yourself there and we will make billions today”

She laughed “My father would turn in his grave if I do that” she said quietly.

“Yes your good father would definitely turn in his grave if you did that” he added solemnly. “Anyway the only one who seems to be looking around is that gentleman over there” Felix said livening up once more and pointing at a tall handsome man.

Nma turned to look at the man and her breath caught in her throat, she stared at him astonished at the man for some reason she couldn’t understand, she had to blink severally to drag her eyes away from him. “Oh! But he is cute Felix” Nma murmured still looking at the man through the glass door. Good thing that the man couldn’t see her ogling. The glass was designed to reflect not see through. The man was tall and handsome, and his business suit fit him squarely on his broad shoulders. Everything about him spoke confidence and wealth.

“He is not merely looking around; it seems as if he cannot make up his mind on what he wants” Nma said

“Maybe he needs help” she turned to Felix

“I am sure he would be glad to have you as a guide” Felix told her

Nma was instantly thrilled by the idea of speaking to the very handsome man but she dared not, because at the same time, there was something abnormally unsettling about the man.

“Felix, my office is upstairs, you take care of things here not me” she smiled at him sweetly

“But I am sure you would be a better guide and moreover he would want to impress you”