CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

They had a quiet wedding at the registry; it was as quiet as she had imagined it would be even though the whole Okoha clan were present except for Eva. Nma couldn't believe it as people called her Mrs. Okoha, the name felt so strange to her but in her mind she adored the name, It the a name she had dreamed of bearing ever since she met Uche. She stared at him as he held her, guiding her out of the registry where Felix and Tessy had stood as witnesses.

Her husband, she thought awed. It was so hard to believe. If only they were happy like they used to be, if only this wasn't a business arrangement. How ironic that their wedding day came and went like that after all they had planned, A mere business deal, she thought but she was yet to know what he was gaining from it. What was he gaining from the deal, then she remembered, just so that it wouldn't be said that Nma dumped the formidable Uche Okoha.

She blinked as they came out in the open. She was greatly astonished by the number reporters fluttering around them and asking them questions. She felt Uche's hands tighten around her as he ignored their questions and shielded her from the reporters into the waiting sports car, her breath caught her throat and the first thing that came to her mind as she saw the car was, did he borrow the car from spider man? But a closer look at the midnight blue car revealed it was a Lamborghini.

Whoa, she exclaimed inwardly. Someone should cure him of this car madness. A quick look around showed she was not the only gaping at the car with amazement but Uche walked as if it was an everyday experience for him and of course it was, she thought. After all he was Uche Okoha, the richest and ex most eligible bachelor in town.

"Are you okay?" he asked he was about to open the door for her.

Just as she was about to answer, an elderly man ran to him and closed the door. Nma stared at the man afraid for the man.

"Sorry Uche but here is your ride, your mother's orders"

She saw him ball his fingers into a fist and they both watched the white stretch limousine lazily cruised to a stop. The chauffeur came down and the elderly quickly opened the door and got the into drivers sit, leaving the Lamborghini for the new driver to manage.

Tight lipped Uche did as they said.

The ride through town was a quiet one, too quiet but she could feel the rage emanating from his body, wearily she wondered what his mother was trying to do.

"You are going the wrong way Jacob" he said.in clipped tones

Nma noticed then that they were not heading towards Uche's house.

"Acting on instructions my boy" the driver told him cheerfully

"On whose instruction?" he asked.

Nma could feel the ice cracking.

"Turn this car around now"

"Your mother's instruction and remember I don't work for you so I take orders from her alone"

"Jacob I know you don't work for me but this is not my mother's wedding and I have planned a small reception at my house. You turn the car around now before I lose my temper"

Nma watched the man laugh heartily "I assure you boy, there has been a change in plans"

Nma was confused, the man wasn't afraid at all. There was more to the relationship between Uche and this man; Jacob didn't jump at the sound of his voice like every other person did.

Uche knew he was not going to get Jacob to turn the car around. If there was anybody who didn't jump at his orders, it was Jacob. And he didn't demand it, not when the man had been with the family longer than he could remember. He was there in his boyhood, teaching him all the tricks, it was Jacob who thought him to drive, and he smiled. It was very clever of his mother to ask him to do her dirty job. She knew very well that only Jacob could get away with this. "Sorry honey" he turned to Nma "My mother has decided to do things her own way"