CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Nma could feel someone kissing her lightly; she knew instantly that it was Uche. She put her hands around him and deepened the kiss. Uche sighed, it was morning and he was half dressed for the day and he was trying to wake her with some light kisses but instead he found himself falling into the bed as she kissed him back. Nma slowly opened her eyes and saw him almost dressed, she blinked back her surprise.

"Good morning" he said

"Good morning" she replied and looked about the room and smiled

"This is not the third room by the left is it?" she asked him shyly

He smiled and got up "No, somehow you ended up in the right room"

"Hope you slept well because I did very well"

"happy to know that one of us did" he smiled

"Oh!" she exclaimed "I didn't realize, I should have slept in the third room"

"No I am glad you slept here, it felt real good watching the sun rise on your face and knowing I am the only who could see that"

She could feel her emotion rising to the point of tears and she kissed him again

"I love you" she whispered

"I love you too" Then he kissed her, and she prayed with all her heart that it would forever be like this for them.

"Unless you are telling me something else, I should get up now" he said

She reluctantly let him go and she saw his bag already packed.

"When is your flight leaving?"

"In about an hour" he replied

"I thought you had other things to do before that"

"I changed my mind, I have asked Star to be at the air strip in forty five minutes" he said backing her as he sat at the foot of the bed to wear his shoes.

She panicked instantly at the thought of the woman joining him. The beautiful and alluring Star whom he was going to spend the next two weeks with. But she quickly cautioned herself. She trusted this man "I should get ready then because I want to see you off"

"You have fifteen minutes" he told her over his shoulder

"Yes sir" she said putting her hands around him from behind. She kissed the top of his head and got out of the bed.

With Uche's departure, Nma turned into a walking zombie. She missed him so much that she felt empty. If not for his nightly video calls, she didn't think she would have survived the loneliness. To keep herself busy and distracted, she concentrated on her work, working as if it was going out of fashion. The results were great; the dresses she was going to exhibit were all ready. Modeling agencies had been contacted and soon it would be rehearsal period with the models. She still didn't yet have the girl who would model her master piece. Her master piece was a regency style bridal gown, complete with bridal train and grooms men.

Having gotten all those out of the way, she could concentrate on her wedding dress but she was too tired to continue and she yawned tiredly, resting her head on the sewing machine. Her engagement ring sparkled and she sighed again with happiness, remembering the very first time she broke news to Tessy and Felix. Tessy wouldn't stop bugging her with wedding plans. She had taken over the planning and had just completed the guest list last night. Nma shuddered as she remembered Tessy was coming to discuss it with her. It was not as if she didn't appreciate her efforts but she thought that Uche's family should be consulted and included in the plans. The problem was that none of them had asked for updates on the wedding since dinner party. She made a mental note to call Eva later in the day maybe the two of them could have a drink together.