Enma and Henry

Show: once upon a time
Watch on: Disney plus

Emma PoV

I look at Henry and close my eyes, letting out a breath of air.

"Why in the world did you run into a collapsing mine, looking for proof?" I ask and he tilts his head.

"Because Archie needed it." He shrugs before walking away.

I grab his arm and pull him back, "Nah kid, you're in trouble with me."

He looks down and I crouch down to be eye level with him, "You could have died. You could have gotten Archie killed. You scared me and your Mom today."

"You're my Mom."

"No Henry, I'm your birth mother. She raised you and I just want to be in your life now."

Henry gives me a sad look and I motion for him to follow me.

"Where are we going?" He asks as I lead him just over the city limits and into the woods.

"You and I are about to have a chat about you running off and getting yourself into dangerous situations."

I look around and sit on a boulder, bringing Henry towards me.

"First off when your with me, you're to stay by my side. If anything happened to you, not only would it destroy a lot of people, but I could be arrested for kidnapping because I have no right to you."

"I'm sorry." He whispers and I grab his hips, picking him up and sitting him on my right leg.

"Have you ever been abused in any way?"

"No?"

"Have you ever gotten spanked?"

His eyes go wide and he tried to jump off my lap but I hold him still.

"A couple times." He pouts once he realizes he's staying put until I let him up.

"How'd your Mom do it?" I ask and he starts crying.

"She put me over her lap, pulled down my pants but not my boxers, then spanked me with either her hand, a spoon, or a brush."

"We're gonna walk back to my car, you're gonna change into a pair of shorts because I know you've got a pair in your bag, then we're coming right back here." I explain and he shakes his head.

"Please don't."

I pick him up off my lap and walk to the car. While he changes I look for something in my glove department and find a sandal on my floorboard.

"This works I guess." I mumble to myself as I close the door.

Henry looks over to me and I can see it in his face he's about to run.

Just as he tries to, I grab his arm and yank him towards me, slapping his butt 5 times.

"You know, I was contemplating on just using my hand but obviously that's not gonna work." I shrug as I lead him towards the boulder.

I sit on it and pull him over my lap, trapping his legs between my own.

I keep the sandal in my pocket, starting off with just my hand.

I start slapping at his butt and he tenses up immediately. He's laying still and barely moving, which is odd because I predicted he'd be a squirmer.

I slap a tad bit harder and that's what makes him start moving.

I keep that strength and he wraps his arm around my leg.

I stop and reach into my pocket, grabbing the sandal.

"How you doing?" I ask, just trying to hear his voice.

"This sucks." He says, obviously trying not to cry.

"It's about to suck even more." I warn as I rest the sandal on his thigh.

I bring it down on his left thigh and he takes in a large breath. As I continue, he's squirming so much I have to wrap my arm around his waist to hold him still.

"I'm sorry!"

"Stop- ow!"

After a few more swats he's audibly crying so I tip him down a little and start at his thighs.

That gets him howling.

After the final one, I grab under his arms and pull him up onto my lap again.

He's sobbing and crying, which absolutely breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes through his tears as he try's to catch his breath.

I kiss his head and wipe the tears from under his eyes, even though I know they're about to be replaced.

"Come on, I gotta get you home soon."

"Can I stay with you tonight? Please?" He begs and I smile.

"Yeah come on."

I pick him up and he gives me a shocked look at how easily I was able to carry him. I set him down at the car and when he gets in I can see the wince on his face.

Once we start driving he gives me a sad glance.

"I'm really sorry I scared you."

"Promise me you won't run into another collapsing mine please." I beg and he nods.

"Promise you won't spank me again?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Your Mom would have grounded you and then you would have snuck out again. If you running off hadn't been continuously repeated, I wouldn't have. But because it's become a pattern that almost got you killed, can't say I'm sorry I did it." I explain and he looks down.

We pull up the Mary Margrets and when we get in the house, she's sitting at the table going over something.

"Is it cool if Henry stays the night?" I ask and she smiles, giving me a nod.

I sit on the couch and take my jacket off before scrolling through my phone. Before I recognize what's happening, Henry has managed his way onto my lap laying his head on my shoulder.
I wrap my right arm around him and before I know it he's passed out sleeping.

"What happened?" Mary Margery questions, sitting beside me.

"I spanked him."

Her eyes go wide as she looks at me in pure shock.

"For getting trapped?"

"No, for running off which resulted in him almost dying."