Ben and Devi

Ben POV

I open my eyes and pull Devi close to me, wrapping my arms around her waist.

I run my fingers over her hip, trying my best to not wake her, getting lost in thought about how two years ago, we hated each others guts. But somehow we ended up here.

She stirs and rolls over, hissing when she does.

"It still hurts." She groans, moving to lay on her stomach with her head on my shoulder.

"Shouldn't have done what you did." I shrug and she looks at me, shooting me death glares.

"And you shouldn't have done it, and even so hitting that hard was a bit much." She grouches as I rest my hand on her still stinging backside.

"I can make it worse if you wanna get an attitude." I warn and she huffs, laying her head back down.

I pinch her thigh and she hisses, but stays down.

Yesterday afternoon

"Hey Devi, don't worry about cooking tonight." I tell my beautiful fiancé and she gives me an odd look.

"Yeah my Mom would come over and strangle me if she found out I didn't." She snorts and I grab her arm, turning her to face me.

"I'm serious, don't. The oven started messing up and I don't want anything to happen." I warn and she rolls her eyes.

"Devi, no kidding." I say again and she kisses my cheek before walking upstairs.

I smirk to myself as I walk to my office, pulling my computer out. I swore I wouldn't be like my Dad, leaving my wife, in my case future wife, and future children high and dry to fend for themselves 'em because I was too busy with work. So I made a rule, 8-12, 1:30-5:30. That's it, anything after that can wait until the next day and if something needs attended, work will have to wait.

About 45 minutes later, I look at the clock and groan. 4:28.

I run my hands down my face when suddenly I head a loud shriek.

I jump up and run in the direction of the noise, finding myself in the kitchen.

Something in the ovens on fire.

I push Devi out the way and grab an oven mitt, pulling the pan out and throwing it in the sink before running water over it.

I take a few deep breath and turn to Devi, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She whispers, looking down.

I walk back to the stove and turn the oven off, taking a moment to calm down.

"Why were you using the stove?" I ask darkly, turning around to face her.

"I- I just wanted to cook dinner." She offers in an apologetic tone, "That's all I wanted."

I move over to her and wrap my arm around her bicep, pulling her to follow me.

"Ben, what are you doing?" She questions and I ignore her as I wrap my fingers around a wooden spatula.

I drag her over to the couch and sit down, pulling her to stand between my legs and bend over my left one, putting most her body weight on the couch.

Not that I couldn't hold her down, I just know after this theres going to be lots of screaming.

She fights to get up and is screaming about how "anti-feminist" this is and what not.

I keep her pinned down with one hand.

I open my phone and set all the locks in the house and have all the curtains close. Perks of a smart home.

I set my phone down and without saying a word, I slap her backside.