Chapter 6: Fathering?

(In which Muzan realises he just made a big mistake)

For an all-powerful demon king, Muzan was a surprisingly good dad I had decided by the end of my first week with him, I suppose he has a lot of experience with looking after little kids (*Cough Cough* the uppermoons *Cough Cough*). Of course, my 'mom' was thrilled I was warming up to her definitely-human husband and made sure we spend as much time as possible together so I made sure to use that to my advantage.

Several days earlier...

The thin, pale-skinned man stood in front of me with his face pulled into a small, none-threatening smile: "So, Y/N, is there anything you would like to do, now?" 

I rearranged my face into a large grin and my eyes narrowed as a plan began to form inside my small head. Raising one pudgy finger, I slowly pointed towards the mess of colourful lights and crowds spilling out into the old-fashioned streets.

"You want to go to the festival? Alright, but you will have to hold my hand and stay close to me, Okay?" Muzan replied, slightly taken aback by the mischievous glint in my wide eyes.

It was then I stopped. Up until now I had avoided all close-contact with the demon progenitor for obvious reasons, but surely just holding his hand would not be that bad, right? Cautiously I edged closer to the pale man with one arm outstretched and I felt cold, slender fingers wrap around mine delicately. I flinched slightly at the realisation of his pointed nails. Muzan glanced at me questioningly, I take a few deep breaths to calm down. Now more confident, I remember the plan.

I grasped his hand in my weak grip and began to softly pull him over to the nearest stand with an amused look on his face which did not last for very long.

"Wisteria! Get your fresh wisteria here!" the elderly lady from behind the table called out, "Hello young lady, would you like to buy some flower? I'm sure your father would be fine carrying them so you can get as much as you would like! We even have a deal going on wisteria."

Muzan's face dropped: "Y/N, why don't we go have a look at everything else first?"

'Time to pull out the big guns'

"But papa, pleease?" my eyes sparkled as I put on the most innocent look I could muster "It would make me really happy and it's mommy's favourite."

"It is, is it?" the demon hesitated and spoke with an unreadable look.

...

"Thank you so much, daddy!"

I looked over to the person in question who grumbled slightly as he carried six bags of the soft, purple flowers. My eyes were immediately drawn to the rash-like colouring on his usually-pale skin and smiled to myself at my success.

 Hello! You have probably realised by now but I don't really update very consistently, I am trying (and failing) to work on that. This chapter was kinda a filler but I do have a plot and storyline planned out. Been bingeing Naruto again recently, I am beginning to detest the word "dattebayo!" but oh well.

Thank you so much if you read this!

-From Goose