ep.1

"Emma wake up! You're gonna get late for school"
"Shit!"
It was my first day of class and I was already running behind. I woke up and got a quick shower and decided on blue baggy jeans and a yellow-white top. I didn't have much time so i just left my hair open today and ate a sandwich which mom prepared. My dad offered to give me a ride to my uni and thanks to him I made it on time.

As I entered the class I saw the room was almost full, so I went to the back and found an empty seat. I asked the cute guy sitting beside if i could take a seat. He looked like one of those guys who dont interact much so I just sat there quietly.

A few moments later a middle aged man entered the class. "Good morning everyone! I am Ethan heinz and I will be your professor this semester. Now I want all of you to look at the person sitting next to you." I looked at that cute guy and he was already looking at me. "You all will be working in pairs and they will be your partners." A group of students started revolting saying that they wanted to pair with their friends but prof. Heinz would not bug.
"I guess we're partners now." I say hesitantly
"Yeah" 
"I am Emma. Emma Smith."
"I am Jeremy Gilbert."
He clearly didn't seem much interested but we'll hes my partner now he have to get used to me.

~A week later~

Today was the day I was moving out of my parents house. This was my first step towards becoming independent. My parents didnt like the idea at first but they eventually agreed after my constant pressuring.

My new place was in a less crowded area but at the same time was also closer to the uni. When I was walking from home to college i felt like someone was following me.
One day when I was laying on my couch, i heard a knock on my door. When I opened the door, there was no one, but there was rose and some chocolates lying on my mat with a note attached to it.

"My beautiful sweet Emma, congrats on the new house. These are a gift and a token of my love. Don't ever worry. I will always protect you and i will always watch you. You will be safe with me.
                                                                                   -yours"

The letter ran chills down my spine. I was horried and scared that someone is stalking me. I immediately called the police and told them about this. They said it must be one of my friends pranking me. I guess it could be but no one would stalk someone in the night and call it a prank.

I thought throwing a house warming party might chill me a little so after I was fully moved I invited all my friends from the uni, including Jeremy. He and i had actually grown closer. Maya swears that Jeremy has a crush on me but I am pretty sure he doesn't give two shits about me.

~At the party~

"Hey! nice place Smith."
"Thanks"
"Emma!! Congratss on the new house. I am very proud of you."
"Thanks Maya."
"Oooo incoming!"
"What?" I turn around to see Jeremy enter. He was a little shy.
"Hi! Congrats Emma."
"Thanks jere." He started blushing. What?? "You wanna see around?" I said. I just wanted to talk to him more.
"Yeah sure."
I take him around. "This is the balcony. Do you like it?"
"Yeah it's great but isn't it too large?" "Yeah it is but i just like to come out and breathe in the fresh air. It makes me feel alive. And i am also going to add some decor to it so basically I'll be practically living here only." I laughed and so did he.

After the end of party Maya and Jeremy offered to stay and help me clean up. It took us a whole hour to clean the entire place. After we had finished i asked the two of them if they'd like to stay to watch a movie and they both agreed. I played om shanti om on the tv. Maya and I loveeee Bollywood movies and we are hopelessly in love with Shahrukh khan. After 45 mins, maya's phone rung and she had to leave which left me and Jeremy alone.
Jeremy turned towards me and started talking.