𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛𝑡ℎ

Queen Anastasia received no letters from King George, which made her drive into sadness. The sadness that her womb was growing from times ahead. She was now nearly five months pregnant which pained her enough that she cannot ride her horse anymore and be alone for another hour or so. Her fingers were charming the pianoforte as the tune was emotional with anger and loneliness.

She would be happy when she was playing with music, but... she was not so happy when she was trapped in the palace with Princess Augusta. Slamming the keys in anger before shutting the lid. She let out a loud groan before rubbing her face and running her fingers through her hair.

Eyes looking out in the distance to see the view of the yard upon the water fountain. Sighing heavily while she was wearing a light pink gown with a half corset to let her belly breathe along with gold diamond jewelry on her ears and her neck. The doors opened revealing Brimsley who announced to her visitor that she was summoned to come, "Your Majesty. Duke Laurent of Valiant."

She asked when she shifted her eyes to Brimsley, "Where is... she?"

"I believe she is with her modiste."

Anastasia grinned softly while she stood up from the chair, "You can wait outside, Brimsley." He bowed his head toward her before he exited the room, leaving her and her brother alone.

Laurent bowed toward her, "Your Majesty."

"Get up. You look ridiculous."

"Good to see you as well, sister."

"You could not make it faster?"

"Mon Dieu. Being queen suits you." Anastasia and Laurent embraced a hug together before she pulled it apart first. He looked into her eyes, "My father and I would have been here sooner, but... it was a hard crossing. I still cannot keep food down."

Anastasia raised her eyebrows before showing the belly to her brother, "That we have in common." Her hands caressed her womb while Laurent smiled widely and exclaimed loudly.

"Your Majesty." He laughed loudly before clapping his hands together. "Such happy news!"

"Please stop calling me, Your Majesty. Where is Father? I want to see him."

"You- Anastasia, he is getting activated around the palace."

"Laurent, listen to me. I am not happy. Please take me home."

"Home?" Anastasia nodded slightly before he replied with furrowed eyebrows. "Nonsense."

She chuckled lightly while scoffing at his words, "Nonsense? You and Father shall take me home. Now. You will not refuse my order. Let me remind you, brother, that you told me that you cannot say no to the British Empire. Now I am their queen."

"You are emotional."

Anastasia closed her eyes in annoyance, "Say that word one more time, and I shall have you beheaded!" Laurent called out her name when she opened her eyes, seeing him passing her shoulder.

"Inside you ripens the fruit of England, and until that fruit is ripe, your body is but a... a tree, a tree in the orchard of the Crown, and at such time as it--"

Her eyes were confused to hear her brother's words, "Are you trying to be a poet? You are not making sense. Please speak clearly, brother."

"I... I mean to say only that the child inside you is not yours."

"Pardon?" Anastasia chuckled lightly as she walked closer to him, "My body is growing it."

"What matters?"