My Best Mistake - Chapter 2

So...  Here I am. Driving in the same car with IT... I mean Charlie! I am so going to kill Karen for what she did to me. I have to drive with IT 2 days!!! Gosh! Why do I love Karen’s relationship so much that I was able to accept driving in the same car with Charlie McCarty!

It’s not like Karen and Mike will end up together. If they will be together at least this week while we are in Vegas my sacrifice would not be that bad and painful.

They were together for 3 years but used to break up every month. So they are like one week together and one month apart. What a lovely relationship?! They cannot live without each other though, or that is what Karen tells me every time they end up together in the same bed.

Well I agreed to this hell because the last 2 months Karen and Mike weren’t together so Karen was in a deep depression and the lonely me wanted the old Karen back. And the Brittany slut was not coming so I thought it would be nice to sleep 2 days while driving to Vegas...

So... Here I am lying in the back seat of BMW X6 pretending that I am sleeping. How have I mentioned already we will be driving to Vegas 2 days, rather a long trip. We are living in Boston MA and Vegas is on the other side of the country, however, it’s not like the first time, actually it is pretty much the first time.

Suddenly the car stopped. I didn’t say anything and didn’t show any signs that I was awake. I don’t want to talk to the bastard now or EVER.

I felt someone’s eyes on me and then I felt an unusual weight on top of my body. It was a warm, nice feeling, when I figured out what was that and my eyes wide opened. I cannot believe Charlie McCarty just wrapped his jacket around me while I was sleeping, pretending to be sleeping to be more accurate.

“Um.. Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” He mumbled under his breath. I was speechless, I couldn’t say anything. Did he actually wrap his jacket around me?!

“Why?” that was my glorious single word I managed to pronounce at that moment.

“What why?” he asked confused, locking eyes with me.

“Why did you do that?” Why did he wrap his so good-smelling jacket around me?!

“I, um, told you, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” He said slowly oblivious to what I meant.

“No.” I told him like a little stubborn child, which I was. “I meant why did you wrap your jacket around me?” I finally asked.

“Oh...” is that his reply?! “It’s darker and colder outside now so it is in here.” He told me as it was obvious. I turned my head to the window to see if what he was talking about was true and/or to hide my flushed cheeks. The second one more likely, but I could not admit it even to myself.

“Yeah it’s quite dark already.” I looked outside to see that it was about 9pm. “Thank you” I said sheepishly smiling towards his face but not bringing my eyes up.

“It’s ok. We’ll be driving one more hour and then we should find a motel.” He started to pull out of the parking lot.

“Ok.” I said and sat up in the seat.

In a few, I decided to move in the front seat, and I've noticed that it is relatively colder now. I did not have any choice if I would not want to get ill, so, I wrapped Charlie’s leather jacket tighter around myself. I breathed in his sweet scent and made myself comfortable falling asleep again.