My Best Mistake - Chapter 7

I’ve woken up with a light headache, however, it soon disappeared, and I’ve been able to get to the living room to eat breakfast with everyone else. Charlie wasn’t there by the time I’d made my way towards the chair near Ryan.

“Charlie has taken another room to stay with his.. girls.” Ryan told me, and I heard that someone snorted.

Whilst we ate nobody talked nor chatted since it’d have seemed too loud as we all had hangovers. Charlie came after a while in a bad mood and refused to talk to anyone about what had happened. He hadn’t eaten and went to his supposed room in our suite. He returned in a little already changed.

“We’re going to TAO Beach! Go and change.” He announced sternly. He was mad at something, actually I think someone. Nobody decided to complain. Not that here you have what to complain about. I’m so going to The Venetian, and I’m quite looking forward to admire the hot half-naked guys all day.

After a little while Elle and I were wearing nice bikinis with cute summer dresses on top and walking towards the food court on atrium level. Charlie and Ryan were waiting for us wearing some shorts and t-shirts. When we made our way to them, I noticed the guy from the other night talking to them. Marco!

“Hey Candy! How are you?” He asked while smirking, probably remembering the previous night.

“Quite fine.” I smiled at him “Want to come with us to TAO Beach?” I suddenly asked.

“Yeah.” He looked surprised too. I don’t even know why I suddenly decided to ask him to come with us. However, this guy was super hot, not as Charlie, of course. He was wearing blue shorts with a white shirt which was wrapped around his toned torso.

I watched as Charlie clenched his fist but never said a thing. “You’re supposed to find me a fiancé!” Charlie whispered in my ear.

“We will!” I smiled sweetly at him. Like I could find him Scarlett Johansson. He’ll have to stay with the girl he will sleep the last night in Vegas.

Marco left for a moment to tell his friends that he would be going with us to TAO. While we were waiting for him, Jess, Karen and Mike finally arrived to the food court. I don’t even know why we are here since we already ate this morning. Not that I’m not up for some desserts though.

When Marco came back, we decided to take a cab to the Venetian since everyone wanted to drink a little.. or a lot.

Outside we took 2 cabs and, unfortunately, I was left with Charlie, Marco and Jess. As always Jess took the front seat, so I was seated between Charlie and Marco. Awkward much?!

“So Marco, where are you studying?” Jess asked to ease the tensed atmosphere.

“Er.. Suffolk. And where are you guys going to? I mean you’ve just finished your senior year, haven’t you?” Marco replied still awkwardly.

“I’m going to North Eastern University.” Jessica said proudly.

“Princeton.” I smiled.

“Harvard maybe. I haven’t decided yet.” Marco smirked. Smartass!

After that conversation, we stayed quiet the rest of our ride. But we arrived quite fast, so it wasn’t as insupportable as it could be. We didn’t even stay in the line because Charlie knew someone there, so we entered within 5 minutes.

I liked it there! It was hilarious to watch all the drunk girls and guys falling on the wet floor. Marco was extremely nice to me and even asked me on a date when we returned to our hotel. I was very excited when he told me to be ready by 11pm so I went straight to my room and asked Elle to help me with my hairstyle.

By 11pm I was looking pretty cute in my coffee little dress with little make up on and wavy shiny hair. Marco came to our suite, and we went to the new restaurant in Luxor, Rice & Co.

“You look beautiful tonight. Not that you don’t usually. Um.. I mean tonight..” I stopped him while smiling.

“Thank you.” I smiled genuinely.

“So when is the Prom night?” Marco asked suddenly.

“This Saturday. Why?” I said curiously.

“Umm.. nothing.” He smiled mischievously.

We had a good time together. Marco is a nice guy. He even went with me to my suite.

“I had a great time. It’s a shame I’m leaving the day after tomorrow. We could spend more time together.” He smiled leaning in a little.

“Yeah. But we always can meet in Boston.” I replied shyly. “Thank you for the night Marco.”

He leaned more, and I thought he was about to kiss my cheek when he grabbed my chin with his hand and turned it, so I could face him. I was shocked, and I hadn’t time to react when he pressed his lips to mine. It felt so good but, in no time, his lips were gone.

“See you tomorrow Candy.” He called over his shoulder.