My Best Mistake - Chapter 5

“Well..” Charlie started. Suddenly he wrapped me in a bear hug and whispered in my hair “Theywantmetogetmarriedandtakeoverthebusinessafterthegraduation.”

I didn’t get anything except for ‘married’, ‘business’ and ‘graduation’. If it was what I think it was then his life would suck pretty badly. I’d kill my parents if they want me to get in an arranged marriage.

“There should be a solution.” I tried to cheer him up.

“Yeah.. I can try and find the perfect wife in one week in Vegas.” He said skeptically. “I have to get married after graduation which is in 2 weeks.” He sighed.

“That’s great that we are going to be in Vegas. You can find whoever you want there. And if the girl doesn’t want to get married.. you just have to put something in her drink.” My idea is brilliant! “But you surely know that a girl would be crazy not to want to marry you. Even I can accept that you are beyond attractive when you don’t open your mouth.” I was exaggerating by telling him that he was beyond attractive but I was feeling really uncomfortable seeing him upset.

“And what? Kidnap her?” He joked referring to my plan.

“No, dumbass. It is Vegas you can marry there, you know?” I smirked.

His eyes grew wider when he understood what I meant. He shook his head, looked me in the eyes and grinned at me.

“I can find Scarlett Johansson, put some relaxing pills in her drink and marry her! YAY!” He didn’t let me go of me and even tightened his grip on me. “You’re the best Candy!” I rolled my eyes. I hope he wouldn’t remember all of this conversation in the morning. “We should celebrate! I’m going to marry Scarlett Johansson!” He gave me his glass of whiskey and took another one for him.

“Cheers!” We whispered together trying not to wake someone up. I took 4 sips and the glass has gone empty. Charlie looked proudly at me and poured the rest of the bottle in our glasses.

“I didn’t know you were so.. “ He stopped and took a sip of his Jack.” ..genial.” he finished uncertainly.

I laughed and went to sit on the couch.. well lay. I finished my drink, and Charlie took my glass to put it on the kitchen island.

“You know Candice..” He started seriously. “I’m starving.”

“Umm.. Actually me too.” I remembered the dishes we ordered “They did not bring the food, did they?” I asked and understood how hungry I am.

“They did, but Ryan and Elle ate our plates while we were.. umm arguing.” He gave me a small smile. “Anyway, I’m going somewhere to eat. Do you want to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, sure. Let’s go.” I was dreadfully hungry. “I need to change though.” I laughed looking down at myself. “And I believe you should change too.” I smirked looking at his boxers.

“Actually I like you wearing this shirt.” He smirked back and walked to his room not giving me the opportunity to reply.

I decided to wear some skinny jeans, and I was trying to find a jumper, but my bag was in Charlie’s car where my jumper was. I took a turquoise tank top which read ‘Hard work has a future payoff; Laziness pays off now.’ and made my way to the living room where Charlie was waiting for me while leaning casually against the elevator’s doors.

He was in dark blue jeans and black shirt which made his eight pack look extremely appealing.. so I tried to avoid my stare but failed miserably. Fortunately he didn’t seem to notice unfortunately because he was checking me out too.

“Ready?” He looked in my eyes, and I nodded slightly. “Let’s go then.” He took his leather jacket and pushed the elevator button.

There was a silence for a while till we exited the hotel. It was really cold, and I started to shiver. Something soft suddenly was wrapped around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Charlie scratching the back of his neck. Then I looked at my shoulder and found out that Charlie just wrapped his jacket around me. I looked in disbelief at the jacket for a while.