My Best Mistake - Chapter 6

So, we had been in Vegas about 3 hours when everyone else came. Charlie took the biggest suite in Luxor. Yay! He isn’t as bad as I thought for sure.

I had been taking a shower for 2 hours since we almost had been driving 3 days, and when I left the bathroom everybody was already there. So I went in mine and Elle’s room and dressed in a little black cocktail frock which emphasizes my curves in the right places. Elle made my makeup and curled my hair slightly. I loved how my hazel eyes shone with excitement, and my sandy brown curls lay down my back.

“We are going to eat in the Hotel’s restaurant at 6 sharp.” Ryan called from the living room.

I smiled at Elle who was now ready too and looked just perfect in her short red dress with straight blonde hair. Her blue eyes shone just like mine. She took 2 pairs of heels from our walk-in closet. I can’t believe that here is a walk-in closet. She gave me the black ones and took the red ones for her. When I stood up, I almost tripped due to the clothes which had been lying on the floor. Elle laughed, and I scowled at her. I’m 5 ft 6 inches and these heels are almost 5 inches. I’m feeling very tall.

We left our room and entered the hall where Ryan and Jess were waiting for everyone else. I grinned and hugged Jess. “We are in Vegas girly.” I took a look at her dress and nodded approvingly.

“You look beautiful Candy.” Ryan smiled at me.

“What about me?” Elle said offended.

“Ew.. Elle I can’t and won’t say something like that about you.” Ryan said mischievously. I smirked knowing he meant that because she was his sister.

“Where are Karen and Mike?” I asked to change the subject.

“They went to dinner alone.” Jess replied dryly. I left this topic too knowing that we were quite mad and upset when Karen ditched us for her boyfriend.

At that moment Charlie entered the hall wearing some dark blue jeans and a white shirt with a crocodile on the left (Lacoste). He looked at all of us, I mean girls and smirked not bothering to say something.

“So, where are we going?” Jess asked quietly when we were in the elevator.

“Restaurant.” Ryan replied “I already told you, remember?” He smirked, and Jess shifted uncomfortably. “Well Charlie, did u find the girl you want to marry already?” Ryan’s smirk grew wider when Charlie snorted in response.

“Maybe we’ll go to the Food Court?” I asked uncertainly. The elevator stopped, and we entered the atrium.

“No way Candy! We are going to T&T. I have to find a wife here.” Charlie replied after a while.

“What? T&T?” I asked not getting his point.

“Tacos & Tequila.” Charlie smirked.

“No, I don’t want Mexican today.” I said stubbornly. “Let’s choose something which is situated on the casino level... like Pyramid Café?” I asked hopefully.

“Nah... I want fajitas right now.” Charlie said, and everyone nodded in agreement.

“Fine. You pay.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

We entered one the most beautiful restaurants I’ve ever been to. My jaw dropped, but I quickly composed myself. It was an exceptionally enjoyable restaurant, with a family atmosphere which I already loved. I can’t believe that I wanted to eat elsewhere.

The host leaded us over to a 5 persons’ table and gave us the menus. Everyone was chatting while I was admiring the restaurant. I chose a quesadilla while Charlie with Jess fajitas and Ryan with Elle chicken tenders.

“Where are we going after dinner?” Elle asked while taking some nachos. “Bar? Or something?”

“Flight.” Ryan and Charlie replied at the same time. We are staying in the hotel then, aren't we?! Huh?

“After Flight we can go somewhere also. Nightclub?” Ryan proposed.

“Yeah. Sure.” Elle said smugly.

Our plates were brought after a little while, and we ate in silence. Charlie paid for me and Jessica and Ryan for Elle. We headed towards the elevator because Flight is on the casino level. Charlie gave me my fake ID since everyone else had one already. We entered the bar which was quite crowded by now.

The hostess asked Charlie’s surname, and when she heard it, she quickly said that we sit wherever we want. And the minute we sat down, a waitress gave us the menus.

“Do you want something for starters?” She asked while looking at Charlie and Ryan.

“Just a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka, for now.” Charlie smiled as she nodded. “Do you want some cocktails or shots?” He asked when the waitress left. “Maybe some Voss Still or Sparkling?” He smirked.

“We want a bottle of Moet&Chandon.” Elle replied slyly looking at me.

After a few minutes the waitress came with a bottle of vodka and 5 glasses for it. She placed the glasses on the table and poured the transparent liquid in each of them. Elle told her what we wanted, and she left after she finished checking Charlie and Ryan out again. Not to say that it was gross or anything but all the waitresses in Vegas are around their 40’s.

I’ve finished 3 glasses when the waitress brought our Champagne and 5 other glasses. I took a sip of my favorite drink and ended the whole glass in a few.

“Hey. I’m Marco.” Somebody said from behind me. I turned to see a handsome guy looking at me.

“Hey. I’m Candice. Candy.” I said confused. “Want to sit?” I asked uncertainly.

“Yeah, sure.” He grinned at me as his turquoise eyes sparkled. His face was kind of familiar, but I couldn’t remember him. “You’re from Boston, right?” He asked.

“Yeah. How do you know?” I replied now more confused than before.

“Hey Marco.” Someone said on my right. I turned to see Charlie glaring at Marco.

“Hey Charlie. How have you been?” Marco smiled tensed.

“Do you want something else?” The waitress came again, and I decided to take a Raspberry Cosmo.

“How do you know each other?” I asked not bothering to wait until the waitress left.

“We went to the same school.” Marco said mischievously towards Charlie.

“Yeah. He was in our football team.” Charlie nodded smirking slightly.

I don’t honestly remember him. Well, I don’t remember him at all, however, the way they look.. well glare at each other, means that Charlie screwed Marco’s girlfriend. Good job man (sense the sarcasm). I know these looks.

“Umm. Sorry. I kind of don’t remember you” I smiled awkwardly and thanks to that waitress who brought my cosmopolitan at that moment. I felt tipsy, kind of good. But when I finished my cocktail I knew I was going to throw up in a little if I don’t get to my hotel room.. well, bathroom in like 20 minutes.

“Elle, I’m leaving. Want to go?” I asked while standing up and shaking a little... just a little.

She looked at me, and her eyes growing wider. “Yea- Yeah, sure.” She smiled and took my hand.

“Bye guys. Bye Marco.” I smiled towards him.