My Best Mistake - Chapter 4

“Oh my God! Of course we hadn’t done anything! He was just being a jerk!” I told them the 38th time. No one has believed me because they saw us in that awful situation, they didn’t even believe when they saw the Jacuzzi outside. And of course they were hesitating because Charlie has been quiet and has not answered any of their questions.

I walked to Charlie and gave him a death glare and was about to go to my room when he replied me with a small smile. That was when I lost my composure. How dare he smile when everybody thinks that we had been making out before they came?! By the way, did he not hate me anymore?! Or is this another prank?! OBVIOUSLY!

I fully turned my body towards him and slapped him across his extremely stupid face. I evilly smiled when I heard the loud sound of my slap and left him with a surprised expression which quickly turned in a furious one.

“Whore!” I heard him muttering. Well.. He's just angry with me.. He’s the real man-whore here.

I smiled and made my way to the big king-sized bed. I took my pajamas, an extra large t-shirt which was long enough to cover my butt. I went to the bathroom which obviously is two room’s bathroom because when I entered I saw another door wide open and a large bare man’s back in the other room.

When I opened the dorr the man has turned to look at me, but his look turned into a glare when he realized that it was me standing in the bathroom, and he walked in there too.

“I’m using it right now.” He told me coldly. Then I noticed that he was only in his boxers, and I had put myself in check to avoid my eyes trailing down his sexy body. I looked at his face instead seeing it pretty red.. Well just his right cheek where I hit him, I almost felt guilty seeing how red it has gone. Almost!

“Whatever.” I told him and started walking back in my room, but not before I heard him say.

“Nice ass.” Ugh! Such a jerk! Definitely not sorry now, maybe he deserves another slap?!

I just sat on my bed for a while alone. Nobody entered my room, maybe feeling that I could overreact.

When I heard in the bathroom a door slam shut I entered slowly with my toothbrush in my hands holding it in an aggressive position. Nobody was in. I started to clean my teeth when the doors opened revealing a boxer’s dressed Charlie and I had to suppress chocking on the tooth paste in my mouth.

“Relax, I have to brush my teeth too. I’m not such a perv! Your ass is really nice though.” Here he goes. “When I had a second loo-“ He continued but hadn’t a chance to finish because we heard a phone going off in his room which I assumed was his phone since he walked slowly back into his room not before looking over his shoulder checking my ass out again. Ugh!

He didn’t bother to close the door. In a few seconds I saw him answering the phone and resting in my view. He didn’t look at the ID because when he had realized who he was talking to he has slammed the door shut leaving me guessing who it was.

I quickly and loudly brushed my teeth, and when I turned off the water I heard yelling that obviously was coming from the room which door has closed few minutes ago. I wouldn’t eavesdrop on him but it did not matter because I could clearly hear him. So I went back to my room and put my headphones on and listened to whatever my iPhone’s wanted me to. I didn’t want to listen to Charlie’s yelling, so I turned the volume up but not before I heard Charlie..

“I won’t father! I don’t even know the girl!” He shouted angrily “It would be better if I can find one by myself.” He paused. “One week?! But I’m in Vegas this week –“ But I couldn’t hear him anymore because my favorite song was on. Rolling in the deep.

“There’s a fire starting in my heart, reaching a fever pitch and it’s bringing me out the dark. Finally, I can see you crystal clear. Go ahead and sell me..-“ I paused because I couldn’t sing this part. “-bare. See how I leave with every piece of you. Don’t underestimate the things that I would do.” Suddenly my headphones where threw away by someone.

“There’s a fire starting in my heart, reaching a fever pitch and it’s bringing me out the dark.” I looked surprised at Elle and Jess.

“The scars of your love remind me of us, they keep me thinking that we almost had it all, the scars of your love, they leave me breathless, I can't help feeling..” I started to sing with them grinning like a mad woman.

“We could have had it all, rolling in the deep, you had my heart inside of your hand, and you played it to the beat.” I was singing solo whilst the girls where singing the other part.

“You’re gonna wish you never had met me, tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep, you’re gonna wish you never had met me, tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep.” They sang truly impressive.

We finished after a while grinning at each other. I heard someone clapping and turned to see who it was. Ryan.

“Hey, that was awesome!” He smiled at us.

Nobody replied it was kind of awkward. We haven’t sung to someone EVER. It’s kind of embarrassing too.

“Not really!” Charlie told entering our room. “I was talking to my dad, and I..-“ He was cut of by some naughty sounds from the third room. “Ewww.. That’s disgusting!” He said and left to the bathroom still with his toothbrush in his hand.

“Yeah! IT IS!” Ryan said and left to go to his room. “Night girls!” he shouted from his room few minutes after.

“I’m going to sleep I don’t want to listen to THIS!” Jess said quickly and went to the bathroom. “Night guys!” She shouted.

“Yeah me too!” Elle said disgusted. She got in the bed instead and wrapped the blanked around herself and covered her head with the pillow so she wouldn’t hear naughty sounds coming from the next door.

I entered the bathroom again and decided to take a shower. Jess finished and kissed me on the cheek. “Night girly.” I said smiling at her.

She giggled and left the bathroom. I locked the both doors and stripped my t-shirt off. This shower was quite large! I think 5 persons can easily take a shower together in here! I smiled and let my thoughts to be taken by the water that is streaming down my body.

When I left the bathroom I couldn’t hear any sounds. Elle and Jess were asleep. So Karen and Mike might have finished. I dropped myself on the bed and closed my eyes. But when I did it, I instantly regretted. I saw Charlie’s naked body.. Gosh!

I haven’t properly closed my eyes for almost an hour. Yeah I was watching my iPhone’s clock. I got thirsty and went out the room. But I stopped when I saw a figure on the kitchen island. I frowned. He(by the features it was obviously a man) was sitting on the island. What the heck?! I heard the sound of the hitting glass, and I went slowly towards the island.

Then it hit me. It was Charlie there. I saw his boxers. Dark blue one’s. Ugh! He was drinking! Drinking way too much if he has drunk that whole 1l bottle of Jack. It had about 200ml left. When I saw his face I gasped. No way! But he heard me and turned his face completely towards me so I could see his face full of misery. When he saw me, he looked terrified and tried to turn hastily away.

I felt really uncomfortable being in the room with Charlie alone, but then something worse happened. While I was trying to comprehend what could have caused Charlie’s fast mood change the awkward silence came upon us. I could not leave him in this state so I tried to think of something to ease his misery.

“What’s wrong?” I asked slowly. He looked at me terrified again, and then doubtful but his face turn sad after a while.

"Well..-"