My Best Mistake - Chapter 8

When I told Elle Marco had asked me on second date, she was super excited and helped me get ready for the date. If I had known it would have taken her three hours, I would have refused right off the bat and escaped to go lounge at the Luxor pool for a couple of hours. Although that sounded good, it would have been a complete fail since she would have dragged me back to the suite because three hours was not nearly enough time for her skills to shine, whatever.  I just couldn’t wait for Marco to come, so I could get the hell out of here.

While Elle was busy working her magic, I just sat there wondering what I looked like. She refused to let me look at the mirror and kept saying it’s a surprise and that I’ll love it...well I hope so.  After what felt like a year, she finished applying my lip-gloss and a smile stretched on her face. She helped me off the chair and led me to the full-length vanity mirror on the wall and wow! She really outshone herself because I looked incredible!

I stood in front of the mirror with my mouth hanging open just taking in my appearance. I was wearing a one-shoulder mini dress that reached mid thigh and the dress was so breathtaking; I couldn’t believe I was wearing it. No, scratch that, I can’t believe that it’s me being reflected in the mirror.

The girl I’m seeing right now looks like a freaking model with her nude colored dress with black sequences patterning it in a way that accentuated the curves of her body. The dress complimented my tanned skin well, in fact it kind of looked like the black sequences were carved into my body like a beautiful sculpture because of the nude cloth underneath.

To finish the look, I wore a pair of black Louboutin leather pumps and Elle braided a bit of my hair starting from the top of my head and down the right side and joining the rest of my loose hair into a low side ponytail. I wore light makeup to give my skin a bit of a glow and some eyeliner to make my eyes pop out a bit. All in all, Elle did a fantastic job! I hope Marco likes it.

While I was still looking in the mirror wide eyed, I heard a few knocks on the door and Ryan calling my name. I tried to put on a confident smile because inside I was panicking. I kept wondering if Marco would like my dress, or what kind of date he was taking me on, but once I saw his gorgeous head peeking through the doors I practically melted. My smile faltered just a bit when I took in Marco’s attire. Damn, he looked so sexy! My mind was racing as I looked him up and down.

He was wearing dark blue low-rise jeans with a white v-shirt, black leather jacket, and black Rantus flats. He looked incredibly hot I was ready to just pass out but that would be embarrassing, yeah, definitely embarrassing! When I finished checking him out a blush rose to my cheeks when I looked up and saw him doing what I had just done a few seconds ago.

“Wow, you look incredible!” Marco breathed staring straight into my eyes, making my breath hitch.

“Thank you, you don’t look too bad yourself!” I smiled, yeah right, you look fucking hot.

I walked over to him and he pecked my cheek while smiling at me. He took my hand and led me out to the hallway after I said bye to my friends.

“So, where to?” I asked Marco after he had opened the door of his Volvo helping me inside.

“We’re watching O Cirque Du Soleil,” Marco replied slyly, quite proud he chose such a good place for a date.

Cirque Du Soleil? Wow, can he read minds or something? I’ve always wanted to watch one of their shows, I’m sure this will definitely be the best date ever!

Once we got on the road, we basically played twenty questions just to get to know each other and I was surprised that we shared absolutely nothing in common. Wow. Oh well, you know what they say, opposites attract and I hope this date goes well despite our differences.