𝐇𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐘𝐨 - Comforting.

Genre: Fluff/Little angst?

Thanks for the request I hope I did your idea some justice <3

Warning manga spoilers on chapter 206
(This is before Hiori went to blue lock)

"Stay for the night Yo, it's horrible your parents do that.."

⟡⋆˚✿˖°ִ ༘࣪⋆

"I'M TELLING YOU THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF HIS DIET,"

"OH? MAYBE ITS YOUR TRAINING THAT ISN'T HELPING HIM ENOUGH."

Hiori had heard the same conversation again and again at this point. It scared him at first when he was young, knowing that if he doesn't get better at soccer his parents will get a divorce. But now he just accepts that he has to play soccer.

It's what he has to do in order to keep him family together. Even though he has heard the same argument over and over again, Hiori still gets uncomfortable when his parents are yelling about him. He wanted to escape his household and be somewhere where he can be himself and do whatever he wants.

He knew where exactly to go.

Slipping on a black jacket and black sweatpants he peeked downstairs and saw his parents pointing fingers at each other and yelling still. At least they couldn't hear him when he opened his window to leave... Hiori quickly went back to his room and cracked open the window. Feeling the cold wind made him feel slightly better. He turned back to hear more of his parents fighting, he couldn't stand to be there any longer.

He climbed out of the window and sat on his roof. Thankfully, he could easily make it down since it wasn't that high up. He ran out of his backyard to the front of his house, and surprisingly he could slightly hear his parents fighting.

"IF HIORI'S SCORES DON'T GET ANY HIGHER WANT A DIVORCE."

Jeez... That's motivating. He hated the idea of playing soccer at this point. It makes him sick when his parents cheer for him with a smile on their faces. He rolled his eyes and ran through his neighborhood, checking the house numbers for a specific one.

Your house number.

You two known each other since you went to the same soccer camp. When Hiori had assisted you in a goal he saw you cheer with the team. It peaked his interest in you as he started to talk to you more and more. And later finding out you lived in the same neighborhood, it made him oddly happy?

Being with you always made him forget about the troubles with his parents. Even when playing soccer with you he doesn't feel the pressure of being perfect. He slightly enjoyed soccer more with you, even if it still wasn't the best time.

As he reached your house, he didn't notice he was panting. He lightly knocked on the door, knowing that you like to stay up late on weekends watching movies. He heard shuffles behind the door as it unlocked, and finally saw you.

"Oh, hey Hiori. Are.. You okay?.." You look at him with concern as he smiles at you.

"I'm fine, can I come in?"

"Oh yeah of course! Let me get some more pillows so we can watch a movie together!" You dragged him inside as you then ran upstairs. Seeing you with so much energy made him smile.

He relaxed down on the couch as he heard you running around upstairs collecting blankets and pillows. He loved how you cared about him, and not about how well he played during soccer matches. Your presence was very much needed at the moment.

Because he simply liked you a lot.

ִ ࣪𖤐

"Yo! I'm back with the blankets!" You breathed out as you walked down the stairs with your final trip. Hiori was just setting up the couch to make it comfortable. "Ah, here pass it." He said as you threw it on him.

He caught it and placed it down as you jumped onto the couch. You randomly picked a movie and turned it on as Hiori turned off the lights. He walked over and calmly sat down next to you.

He lets out a relived sigh, and leaned his head onto your shoulder by instinct. It was nice being away from his parents... "Hiori.. Did something happen?." His eye widen, he never had told you about his parents but you could already see that he was stressed about something..

"No.. I'm okay," He cuddled his head into your neck as you chuckle. You played with his hair a little as you both watch the movie. "But Hiori.. You know you can tell me anything right?" You said seriously as he sighed. He didn't want to stress you out, but with this voice he couldn't hide it anymore.

"It's just my parents.. They fight a lot about me and it makes me uncomfortable, so I came here. Sorry if I disturbed you." He felt bad suddenly, he kind of just barged in without telling you. Then suddenly, he felt you tightly hug him. You lightly hugged you back but then he heard you sniffle.

"I've been wondering for a while.. Yo.. You don't really like soccer do you? Is it because of your parents?.." You whispered into his ear as he nodded. "Stay for the night Yo, it's horrible your parents do that.." Even though you didn't know much about the situation, you knew that Hiori was very upset.

It didn't show much but you could tell he didn't have a passion for soccer. Even though being an amazing player, his goals were average. And he had never discussed his family with you, and when you asked he would avoid it by asking what games you two should play.

"Y/n.." He mumbled while now crying. He cried into your shoulder as you heard his rough breaths. "Thank you.. I'm glad I met you.. You calm me down so much.." His words slowly faded out, as you laid down on the couch with him on top of you. He closed his eyes and drifted away to sleep as you brush his hair.

"Geez.. Hiori you're going to make me fall for you more.." You mumbled as you played with his fingers. A small smile appeared on his face as he heard that. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if he confessed to you.

₊˚ෆ

Omg I feel like I did horrible on this.. Last week of school push! So I have been slightly distracted and I would love to re-do this one shot. Tell me if I should! :))

Also, is it just me but when reading the manga I thought Hiori's hair was pink?..