Old Foe

(APHMAU POV)
TW: MATURE THEMES/SA
"...Shit"
I run into Alina's room and quickly but quietly take her out of her crib then I rush back to mine and Aaron's room. I lock the bedroom door and turn the floor light on, and switch the ceiling light off.
"Celeste and Alexander are downstairs, how did they not bark?" I whispered to myself. Getting up, I grab my phone from the nightstand.

AARON♥️
Aph- Aaron, answer
Hey, What's going on?
Aph- I think someone is in the house
Are the doors locked, are you and Alina safe!?

Aph- Yeah, we're good-

Just as I was about to finish typing I heard the floorboards creak.
My heart began to beat faster and the noise got closer, so I activated my magic and put a protective seal on the door, it definitely didn't calm me though, anxiety filled my mind and sent shivers through my neck. I looked at Alina, she was still fast asleep, I held her tightly.
*Ding!*
I let out a shaky breath and put my phone on silent mode.
AARON♥️
APHMAU!
Babe!?
Answer me!
Please!
I'm on my way!

*BANG! BANG!*

"Holy-"
I covered Alina's ears as the banging kept going,
"Get out of my house!" I yelled to the intruder, and the banging stopped. Abruptly, a piercing pain hit my body, "*Hiss!* Fuck, what now?" I stood up and examined myself, there was a slash on my torso.
"Why do I keep getting stabbed!!? When did that even happen?"
I exhaled knowing that I had a number one priority, the precious little person in my arms. Alina started to squirm in my arms and her lips began to quiver, I adjusted my arms and switched her to my right.
"Shhh. I know, you'll be okay, mommy's got you.."
I frantically grabbed my phone and texted Aaron back
AARON♥️
Aph- We're in the bedroom, the door is locked but someone was banging on it.
Just stay put, almost there.
Aph- Be careful!

I switched my phone off, kiss Alina's forehead, and place her in the bassinet. I walk to the door and unlock it, the hall was pitch black, so I let out my ears and tail ready for the intruder to attack.

*creak*
I snap my head in the direction I heard the noise, it came closer and closer, I readied myself for an attack.

*WHOOSH*

"Humph!" I was slammed onto the ground to see a
figure in all black on top my me, their hands were around my neck, squeezing my throat.
"Get- *gasp* Off!" I summon an orb of magic in my right hand and blast the guy in the face, sending him back onto the ground. I gasp for air and stumble to Alina.
"Oh no you fucking don't-" I was pulled away and slammed back onto the floor. My arms were put above my head, and my wrists were pressed onto the floorboards just as hard.
"GET OFF!! Agh!" I squirmed and screamed  in outrage and fear, I tried to activate my magik but my hands were purposely hit on the sideboard of the bed causing me to lose focus.
"That yours?" He said, his head motioning towards the other side of the room.
"I swear to Irene! if you lay a f- finger on HER!"
"I won't."
He lunged on top of me, his cold hands crept up my chest, his face got closer to mine, and I faced away and let out a shriek.
"Take your fucking hands off of me!"
"You know Aphmau, your really persistent, never wanting to give up...that's honorable"
That voice?
"Xavier..." I muttered, he took off his mask. "Been a minute, Aphmau."
Enormous pain suddenly shot through me and I wailed out in agony, "AGHH! P- PLEASE, STOP!" I felt something harshly squeeze down on my injury.
"I will," his hand continued to trace up my chest to my neck, and my eyes were beginning to sting.
"What *pants* do you want from me?" I swallowed, "You, of course, Aphmau"
He pulled out a bottle.
"Do whatever. Just don't hurt my baby!" I told Xavier, trying to sound as nonpleading as I could.
He took his fingers and held my mouth open, anxiety filled my body as the liquid hit my tongue, it was bitter and bland, I held it in my mouth afraid of what it was going to do.
"Uh Uh, swallow..." Xavier hummed as his thumb roughly grazed my bottom lip and sat on my body harder, resentful, I swallowed the brew, it left a horrible aftertaste.
"Good girl"
"H- Hmgh!"
Cold lips went on mine causing me to shriek, I couldn't believe what was happening. Then, my body immediately began to grow cold, I saw the magik from my body being seeped out from above me.
"Bastard.." I let out, the energy from my body felt like it was already gone. Xavier let go of my wrist which we're now numb and he stood up.
"Nice seeing you Aph." He splashed a potion onto the ground, making him vanish.

AARON POV)
"APHMAU!" I yelled out, I made my way to the frame of the door, and I froze at what I saw.
Aphmau's eyes shot at me, half of her shirt was drenched with blood, and her nose was bleeding. She was supporting herself with the help of the bed frame but I could tell she was about to collapse
"Shit!" I mumbled under my breath and ran to my wife. I curled her up in my arms, I lifted up her bloody shirt.
"It's...hurts.." Aphmau whispered, "All...of it..it hurts.." Her eyes became teary.
"I know, I'm going to stitch you up, alright?"
A we weak response came from her mouth, I brushed her hair out of her face and felt her head, she was cold. I got up and quickly carried her into the bathroom, I set her down on the shower mat and tore her shirt off I quickly got a wet rag and applied pressure to her wound, I kept looking back at her to make sure she wouldn't go unconscious, he noticed that she tried her best to stay up.
"I've got you, stay awake" I put the bloody rag in the trash and took the med kit out of the cabinet, I rushed to take out a needle and stitching thread. I took the needle and held Aphmau's torso down so she wouldn't move or hurt herself in the process.
"Hgm!" I heard her yell as the silver point went through her slashed skin, I set my eyes on her, and her tears were evident.
"I know honey, we'll be done soon,"
Once I got done with the last stitch I took the white bandage and tightly wrapped it around Aphmau. I throw away the bloody gauze that I had used and put the med kit away.
"Aaron..."
I felt a hand on my arm, I turn my head to see Aphmau. Blood was still dripping from her nose even though I had cleaned it.
"Don't get up! Your going t-"
She wipes the blood off her nose, "I'm f- fine! I- *sigh* go check on our daughter, please" Her face was pleading with me to go, I listened to her and went to the baby.

Aphmau POV)
I closed the door and didn't bother locking it, I didn't care. Tears fell down my face and my eyes were stinging, I burst into tears.
"Damn it! Why?" I told myself, feeling guilty that I couldn't guard my baby or myself when he-

"Aph, she's asleep, can-"
I open the door to let Aaron in,
He puts his arms around me and brings me into his chest, I started crying again,
"I was to weak Aaron! That- that bastard! He could've- he could've hurt Alina or fucking worst!" I choked out, I sobbed, and squeezed Aaron's shirt, wanting to hold onto him, wanting for his warmth to not leave.
"I'm so sorry Aphmau, I should have here sooner," he kissed the top of my head "We're going to get whoever did this, you hear me?"