Chapter 2: Where

Beep...beep....beep...beep

"She's waking up. Step away ____"
"But she's my friend!"
"I don't care, get out of the room."

They left. That one octoling stayed. She was wearing a white lab coat with a name tag that says Maya. She sat on a chair next to another octoling in bed. They were slowly waking up. They rubbed their eyes and slowly sat up.

"Where am I?"
"You weren't told? The train was rescheduled."
"What train?"
"The one to the Deepsea Metro. That's where you are."

She looked around, everything was blurry.

"Your glasses are next to the bed"

She nodded and put them on. Maya was still sitting on a chair next to her.

"So Nova, how're you feeling?"
"Not good. My head and stomach hurt"
"Good! I mean i'm sorry."

A knock came at the door, Maya rolled her eyes and answered it.

"Can I come in yet?"
"No. Not for a while. Maybe when she feels better, besides, you're next anyways."
"I know, don't need to remind me."

And whoever it was left.

"Who was that?"
"Nobody."

Nova slowly nodded. Maya spun in her chair. Nova was getting bored and started to get out of bed. Maya noticed and quickly pushed her back.

"You can't get out of bed."
"What's so wrong about that?"
"There's uh... something outside this room that's dangerous and I'm keeping you safe."
"Then how was that girl out there?"
"Just to ask a quick question that's it."

Nova wasn't trusting Maya at all. She looked around the room. The one thing that stood out in the a little bit bigger than a bathroom sized room was an ink tank and pair of shades. But it was filled with some weird teal ooze stuff. Nova pointed at it.

"What's that?"
"An ink tank"
"No, what's in it?"
"I'll tell you later. For now you need to go to sleep. I can tell you didn't get any last night. That inkling must've been torturing you."

Inkling? Torturing? I don't remember that.

"Yeah, sure."

Nova took her glasses off and Maya took them. She turned to her side in the bed and closed her eyes. It was hard to fall asleep so she laid there for a while. Maya must've though she was sleeping so she left the room. Outside, she was talking to someone else.

"How long until she figures it out?"
"I'm pretty sure she knows nothing about sanitization so even if she does figure it out she won't exactly know whats happening."
"Now what about that girl?"
"Tomorrow, she's starting tomorrow. She's the only person who could inform her on everything so it's better to start tomorrow."

Nova heard everything. But fell asleep shortly after.

The next morning, Maya wasn't in the room. Nova sat at the edge of her bed, still under the blankets, but she had her glasses on. She tried looking at herself in the small mirror by a sink. When she finally did, she looked nothing like before. Her skin was pale green, her tentacles started to fade into a different color, and her eyes. Her eyes were pitch black with cyan color. Freaked out, she went back to her pillows and wanted so badly to fall back asleep. Nova was feeling worse today.

Maya entered the room. She gave her some breakfast that she didn't really eat. She also didn't mind Novas appearance.

"How're you feeling this morning?"

Nova looked at Maya and gave her a look. Maya rolled her eyes and sat down. Nova sat up and stared at the mirror. Maya noticed and started to think of something.

"Anything wrong?"

Nova wrapped one arm around her stomach and the other over her eye.

"Migraine. And my tummy."

Maya patted her on the head,

"Poor thing, just wait till the second month of sanitiza-"

She stopped. She had the look on her face of i messed up. Nova saw and tried to figure out what the last word was. There was absolutely nothing she could think of. But then she remembered last night, someone outside of her room said she knows nothing about sanitization so even if she does figure it out she won't exactly know what's happening.

"I'm staying here for another month?"
"You are. Three months actually. Maybe longer."
"But I want to go home."
"What home? You purposely left it. Oh! Did you mean that inkling? You don't know the things they've done, trust me, you're safe here."

Maya placed her hand on Novas shoulder, she pushed it off.

"I was safe with the inkling."
"How do you know? You were only there for a few hours."

Nova was about to respond but Maya got up and left. As soon as she did, someone else came running in.