Chapter 8: Healing

When they got back to Splatsville, they rushed to get Nova to the hospital. The doctor took Nova and told 3 that they knew how to help sanitized patients. The doctor was an octoling with sorta long tentacles that were blue fading into purple.

Everyone went home. They knew they'd have to wait before they'd be able to see Nova.

Nova stayed in the hospital for a while. She was in a specific part where sanitized are treated, since there has been more sanitized than normal. She got to make some friends there. The doctor helped her, he got her better glasses and helped her handwriting. Also her speech. Everything was messed up but everyone at the hospital were so nice.

"Can you treat fully sanitized?"

The doctor sat down beside Novas bed.

"We can't. The only way is death for them, it's sad. Partially sanitized like you have a low chance of surviving. You and the rest of the people here are extremely lucky."

It has been a while in the hospital. Novas skin wasn't pale green anymore, and her eyes were normal, still cyan though. Her ink color was also the same, but she could change ink color. She preferred her purple ink color she had before.

"When I get out of the hospital, can I play Turf War?"
"Of course! There really isn't much you can't do."
"What can I not do?"
"Have a heartbeat. Also, not go to the doctor without having to explain why you don't have a heartbeat."

They both laughed.

"But really, you'll be fine once you're out of here."
"How do you know so much about sanitized and sanitization?"
"Oh, you would not believe this. I was partially sanitized a while ago. But I was saved by an inkling with long yellow tentacles, one of them was braided. They held a Tri-Stringer and had a small fry with them."
"But you don't-"
"I don't look sanitized, I know. I changed my ink color...i think that Inklings name was VeronIKA or something...Well, it's getting late, I'll let you sleep, night night!"

The day Nova could leave the hospital, everyone visited Nova for the first time. Nova opened the door and 3 tackle-hugged her. Pearl and Marina laughed.

"Should we get 3 off her?"
"Maybe..."

8 pulled 3 off of Nova. 3 was crying tears of joy.

"I'm sorry, did I make you cry? Please don't cry!"

3 cried even harder. Nova felt bad and hugged them.

"Don't worry Nova, 3s just happy to see you, and hear you."
"Hear me?"
"Yeah, seems weird."

8 pulled 3 off of Nova again and wiped their tears. Then Pearl and Marina talked to her.

"We know you don't have anywhere to stay, and 3s apartment is small. But you can stay with us, we have a huge house. And we have two spare bedrooms. One was Pearls old bedroom."
"Yeah sure!"
"Oh, and the doctor said you wanted to do Turf War right?"
"Mhm!"
"We can take you to Ammo Knights to get a weapon, then, our friends have turned their backyard into turf stage."
"THATS SO AWESOMEEEEE!!"

Nova was clearly amazed. Once Agent 8 was done calming down 3, she wanted to talk to Nova, but couldn't speak.

"Are you doing okay?"
"I'm so so so sorry, I don't know sign language."

3 was still sniffling but spoke for 8.

"She wanted to know if you're doing well."
"Oh. Yeah I'm good."

Her arms up to her elbows, legs slightly above her knees, and on her cheek, were all bruised teal. It was from the sanitized ink pool.

Pearl and Marina brought Nova to their home. Agent 8 went to hers, and 3 went to theirs. When they arrived, Marina gave her a small tour and showed her Pearls old room.

"You can stay here. Pearl doesn't use her room anymore."

Then she took Nova to her and Pearls bedroom.

"You probably need to change clothes, you can use the shower and I have a ton of clothes you can have."

Nova looked through the clothes until she found some comfy clothes and then went to shower.

"She's our child now."