Chapter 3: Realization

They whispered in Novas ear,

"They are sanitizing us. It'll wipe away everything from us. It takes a full three months, save yourself while you can. Please Nova."

She got dragged out of the room.

"I'm so sorry, give me a minute I'll be right back."

Maya smiled.

Once the door shut, Nova got on the side of her bed. She stood, her legs hurt a little but it wasn't that bad. She had a bright yellow wristband on her left arm and right ankle. Nova peaked the door open a little bit and looked through. No one was there. She stepped outside and started to run in one direction.

Nova stopped for a second. Their were people around her. But they weren't normal people. She thought it was the sanitized stuff the octoling was talking about. The octolings around her grabbed her arms and started taking her back where she was running from. They spoke in gurgles but Nova could make out what they were saying. It was horrifying. She tried to punch them and managed to get out of their hands for a second. They grabbed her again and one punched her in the stomach. Nova threw up all over. She passed out just thinking about it.

The sanitized octoling brought Nova to Maya. She woke Nova up and made her change clothes. Then took her back to her room. Nova took her glasses off and laid down on the bed. Her stomach really hurt now. Maya brought her a lunch but she didn't care. She started thinking of the sanitized octolings. Though they spoke in mumbling gurgles, she could understand. Most sounded like cries for help, others sounded like the octarian soldiers she was with before. She was wishing that 3 or someone else would save her from this.

3, Marina, Pearl, and Agent 8 all huddled around a small dinner table at 3s apartment.

"Marina and Pearl, you two will help Agent 8. 8, you'll travel the metro and find her."

They all nodded.

"I'll come with 8 too. There's definitely going to be sanitized around there. And we don't even know what's happening to Nova."

They laid their head in their hands.

"3, it'll be okay."
"No! It's been two months and we haven't done a thing for her!"

Marina hugged 3.

"We'll go soon. Maybe first we can go at night and just look around for things that may be helpful."

3 nodded.

They sat on the couch with Agent 8 while Marina and Pearl made something to eat.

"Do you know exactly what she looked like?"
"Her hair was like 8s but longer. More purple, and her eyes were purple too. She was wearing the octarian armor and wore glasses."

Pearl nodded and continued helping Marina. She constantly asked for mayo on everything.

While they were eating, 3 suddenly stopped. They looked up and so did everyone else.

"What's wro-"
"What if she's being sanitized?! It's already been two months, she could be gone by the time we get there."
"Then we'll work faster."

8 wasn't paying much attention once 3 mentioned sanitization. She didn't like that subject, it had almost happened to her.

The next morning, everyone woke up early (somehow) and started working on getting to Nova.

Nova was in bed. It has been two months doing the same thing every day, sleeping. That sanitization stuff was really doing its thing to her. It was getting harder to hear Maya talking. Even with glasses, her eyesight was horrible. Her speech, it was all faint and sounded like those octolings from before. Maya would give her a paper and pencil to write down what she wanted to say instead but her handwriting was way too sloppy to read. And she felt so sick she wouldn't do anything but wake up, see Maya, then fall asleep. Nova looked in the mirror again too. It was the same but her tentacles were a dark blue fading into a yellow green.

Everything was so painful she just wanted to die on that bed. Maybe 3 wouldn't save her. They were probably just something to help those people get her.

She thought she heard Maya telling her that there's some event going on soon. Or maybe she didn't hear it right.