Chapter 5: Check

Five days later, a doctor came in to Novas room. He scared her. The doctor took his time making sure Nova was okay.

"This might hurt a little bit."

He was going to give her a shot. Nova held the blankets on her bed tightly. She closed her eyes and before she knew it, he was done. And all she felt was a slight pain. Then Nova tried to speak, it didn't come out correctly but she tried to say, what did you do?

"Oh nothing, you don't need to worry about it right now."

Nova was surprised he understood the spaghetti noodles of a sentence she spoke.

3 was anxiously waiting for everyone to finish the plan. After a while later, they presented it to 3.

"So we'll start by finding anybody else in the metro. We probably need to get through them before getting to Nova."
"So when will we go?"
"Tomorrow."

That doctor was making Nova test out Octoshots with the sanitized ink. He was judging her on every move she made incorrectly with the gun.

"How did Octavio even let you in the army?"

He took the ink tank off her back and threw it in a bin of other ink tanks. Then grabbed her Octoshot and threw it with the ink tanks. He led Nova back to her room and she threw herself onto the bed. Shortly after, Maya came back with news.

"There's an event happening at the start of next month."
"MORE EVENTS?? AND NEXT MONTH IS IN LIKE.......THREE DAYS!!!"

Maya didn't understand what Nova was saying but she did understand that she was upset with it.

"It'll be okay. It's the last big event with people. The last one will be a day after this one. And, is gonna be really exciting."

Nova wasn't excited. She plopped back on her bed and covered herself in the blankets. Her stomach started hurting. Maya noticed.

"Maybe it's because you haven't been eating."

Then she gave Nova dinner. She did eat some of it. But right after, it made her stomach hurt even more. Maya left.

The next day, everyone was headed for the train.

"Are you sure this is where it is?"
"Yes I'm sure. Maybe it isn't here right now though. So we'll have to wait."

3 sighed. They sat on the floor and so did 8.

"How long will this take?"
"Be patient, 3."
"How can I when Nova's probably dying or something right now?!"

Footsteps came close to everybody. They all turned around and saw a male octoling.

"What're you doing here?"

He said that like he knew them.

"We're waiting for the train."
"Oh. I'm sorry to tell you but it won't be here for two days."
"TWO DAYS?!"

3 fell backwards on the cement floor.

"dramatic."

The octoling mumbled before leaving. Agent 8 patted 3 on the head. Pearl and Marina sat down.

"So what now?"
"I dunno 8. I guess we can go home and wait the two days."

3 rolled around on the ground.

"I don't wanna wait two days!"
"Too bad, 3."

Marina dragged 3 out of the metro. 8 laughed while watching them try and get Marina off themself.

Nova tried writing on a piece of paper for Maya. When she gave it to her it was hard for Maya to read it.

"Is there any way I don't have to go? Is that what you wrote?"

She nodded.

"Sorry, no. But it will go by quickly for some people. It just depends on the person."

Nova was hoping she was one of those people. It was late so she went to bed. By tomorrow, it'll only be one day until the event. It seemed pretty big.

"3! Stop whining and go to bed! 8 is getting worried."
"But- she's worried? Never mind then, I'll go to bed."

3 immediately went to their room. Marina sighed.

"Thank cod, the whole time 8 was actually laughing."