{7}

Jungwon's palate might just become biased, but Yang Jungwon still is a picky eater. He would not call it a flaw, but his mouth is sensitive, and so, any strong flavor would make him wince.

By chance and coincidence, Jay does not cook strong.

People tell him that his taste is very blunt, but Jungwon eats with very little salt. He cannot stand spice either, or even sour dishes.

Jungwon hops off the countertop and walks to where Jay is standing, cooking by the cooker. He remembers how he used to enjoy sitting atop furniture when he was a cat. The view was very fresh and fascinating. It almost felt exhilarating.

"- What are you cooking, Jay-ssi?" He asks. He peers curiously over Jay's shoulder and spots what looks like ramyeon.

"- Ramyeon." Jay shrugs. "- How do you eat it? Is it okay with spam?" He asks. He puts aside the wooden spoon and walks to the fridge.

"- Uh... I don't mind." That was not totally true; he does mind and does eat ramyeon in a specific way. However, he does not dare admit it to Jay. He is already imposing himself in Jay's apartment more than necessary, and after the crazy episode of Jungwon as a cat, Jay is probably exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster he has been through.

"- You're sure?" Jay insists. He closes the fridge after taking out some ingredients, among which the spam, and returns by the cooker.

Should he tell him?

Jungwon moves aside. He casts his eyes on the pot, where the ramyeon is boiling, and coughs unsubtly in his fist to clear his throat.

"- Yes." He assures.

"- Doesn't seem like it to me." Jay snorts with a curt shake of his head. "- Just tell me what's bothering you, Jungwon."

Jungwon's heart flips happily.

Weird.

His name around Jay's lips sound so foreign, yet so satisfying.

"- Well..." He inhales. "- J-Just... Don't put spice please..." He whispers. He feels embarrassed and uncomfortable.

He cannot look at Jay, yet he feels his eyes on him, and Jay has stopped stirring the ramyeon, wrist halting and spoon unmoving inside the pot.

"- Sure, no problem." He answers. His voice sounds a little amused, but not the unkind type; it is neither judging nor mocking. His tone is soft and almost coaxing, and it makes Jungwon relax a bit. "- Why were you so nervous about it?"

Jungwon lifts his head up and looks at him. Jay is an insanely handsome man.

"- Was I?" He finds himself asking.

"- I could tell. I honestly don't want you to feel uneasy around me anymore." He confides. "- I know our first meeting wasn't the best, but let's chase any awkwardness away... Let's be friends?"

Jungwon is a little taken aback by the offer. Jay is smiling sheepishly at him, in his eyes is doubt and insecurity dancing and wavering. Jungwon takes his time to think over his next words.

"- You want us to act like friends?"

"- No." Jay sighs. "- I don't want us to act like ones. I want us to be friends for real." He clarifies wisely. "- But I won't oblige you or anything."

Jay is a very sweet, too kind and overwhelmingly warm. His gaze is always almost sickeningly endeared, and if at first it was comforting to Jungwon when he was a cat, now it is only infuriating. It makes his cheeks hot and his mind fuzzy with crazy fantasies.

"- You won't. I like your vibe." He smiles.

Jay smiles back. He grabs the wooden spoon again and starts taking care of the ramyeon. Jungwon watches absent-mindedly.