Chapter 15- Leaving?

March 22nd, 2017:

I was getting my nails done by a nail tech we had hired to come to the hotel to do it. The nails I had done in Korea were getting quite long and I wanted to redo them. I decided to go for a pastel blue colour with white streaks and an oval shape. We were halfway through when Yoona came into the room. She walked in with an air that she had something important to tell me.

"What is it?" I turn, eyebrow raised.

"What? How?" she said taken aback.

"Hands behind your back, biting your lip a bit, avoiding eye contact," I list the giveaways.

"Right..." she said, sitting down on the bed of the suit, "well we've heard back from the police..."

"Uh-huh," I nodded, looking at the nail tech painting a line across my nail.

"And they brought in the parents after the DNA results were in," Yoona continues, "they weren't that careful about not putting their DNA on the envelope. They were questioned and they say that they received a USB key with the videos and pictures on it. There was no name or anything on it, and only their fingerprints were found on it. The police say they believe the grandparents. So, they didn't actually plant the stuffed animal, but they can be charged with blackmail and possession of intimate images without consent. The parents say there was a note telling them they should blackmail you, but there's no proof of this".

I just stared at my nails as she spoke, getting more and more upset as she spoke.

"... now do you want the good or bad news?" she said, taking a breath.

"What was it you just told me? Average news?" I say upset, finally looking up at her, "I don't know, the good".

"Okay, so... the police dug some more and went back to the original fan that gave you the stuffed animal and they were then led to one of her old friends. They went to his apartment and found the videos and pictures on his computer," Yoona explained, eyeing me to gauge my reaction.

"Is this supposed to be the good news?" I say, starting to seethe.

"Well, they found the videos and confiscated them," she said, trying to make it sound like a good thing.

"I want those burned, destroyed, thrown to the bottom of the ocean," I say, trying hard to keep my hands steady so as to not disturb the nail tech that had no clue as to what was going on since she spoke no Korean.

"... The bad news," Yoona continues cautiously, "for us to press charges means going through a similar process to what you went through last time... everyone will find out about them, other people will have to see the videos, it'll be long and hard. But–".

I so wanted to ball my hands into fists. I let out a loud sigh, looking up at the ceiling to stop myself from crying. While yes I was glad they had finally gotten down to the bottom of this, it was done with some very iffy policing which if they had done their job properly the first time then it could've been dealt with with Daeseong's trial. However, now I would potentially have to go through that all over again.