Chapter 85- Support Groups

November 9th, 2017:

I woke up early, this time more due to nerves than bad sleep. I ran through some vocal warm-ups and read and re-read the French song to make sure I enunciated properly. The performance was in the evening and the rehearsal was at 13:00 so I had all morning to be anxious in the hotel suite. It was still early and I was currently on the phone with the boys who were still all in the dance studio.

"You're not gonna f*ck it up, Y/N," Hoseok said in disbelief I'd think that.

"You know, as they say, the show always goes better when the rehearsals go badly," Jimin tries to cheer me up.

"Yeah, let's hope so," I sigh, turning over in my bed, removing my hair from my face so the boys could still see my face.

"Y/N, you've practiced, rehearsed, you have innate talent," Namjoon lists, "worrying is normal, but we all know it'll go well".

"Will you guys stop," Yoongi turned around to shout at Seokjin and Jungkook who had been roughhousing in the background.

"Yes, Jungkook, stop it," Seokjin says, letting go of him and acting like the oldest again. Jungkook shoved him one last time before joining the others around the phone.

"I'm just waiting for the "oh my god her voice is heavenly" and "we stan a real queen" tweets," Jungkook said nonchalantly, coming over closer to the phone Hoseok was holding.

"Or "the collaboration we didn't ask for, but needed"," Taehyung grinned, "I'm so jealous, but happy for you. You're going to do amazing".

"How about you guys? Ready for the US?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Haven't even thought of packing," Yoongi chuckled.

"No one has," Seokjin laughed.

"It is weird rehearsing without you though," Jimin said.

"Feels too manly," Namjoon joked.

"A lot less people are getting hit in the face with hair," Jungkook added, chuckling.

"Haha," I laugh dryly, "well I miss you guys, it's weird doing everything alone. I just stand around awkwardly".

"Yeah, like at the airport," Taehyung laughed before seeing my unimpressed look, "just saying," he mutters, starting to laugh quietly with Jungkook and Seokjin. I couldn't blame them though, it had already become a meme.

"You looked cute, awkward or not," Hoseok reassured me, shooting the giggling pack a look.

"Thanks, oppa," I smile. Hoseok smiled back widely.

"Do you have any schedules in LA before we get there?" Yoongi asks, "I know you've already done some in Vegas too".

"A few," I nod, "a couple of interviews, meeting with Halsey to discuss songs, influencer events, you know, the usual..."