Realization

They're at the meeting place. You know, the huge eerily white building they always meet in, with the round table for all the countries to fit. Luckily, England is already here.

Luckily? Ugh...now he's actually happy to see England. England can't protect him fully though. Besides he doesn't need protection! He can protect his damn self!

Right?......

England: "America, where have you been? I stopped by the day before but you weren't home, so I stopped by again later that evening and you weren't home either, then I called and-"

America: "I was just on a little trip.."

His answer was so straight forward, but there wasn't any joy in his tone.

England: "Er....Bad trip then?"

America: "Y-yeah..bad trip."

England: "Well GOOD. It should've been bad, you've more important things to be doing than lolly-gagging off."

America suddenly remembers why he doesn't much care for England's company. Hard to believe they were ever "close." Still, he does care, in his own hard-ass kinda way. Right now he needed him for cover.

America: "You're right!"

England looks stunned.

England: "I..I am?"

America: "Yes! Matter of fact why don't we stay late and get caught up on some of my work? You don't mind helping right?"

England: "Well..no, but I do have this one thing-"

America: "Great! I'll sit by you then and we can just hang around until everyone's gone home. My paperwork is here anyways."

England narrows his eyes, noticing he's being completely ignored.

England: "Eh...Very well..."

They sit beside each other and thankfully Italy sits on the other side of him so Russia can't.

He sits patiently, that is until Russia enters the room. Their eyes meet for just a second, and it amazes America how he can make him wanna squirm in his seat with just a look. He was definitely in trouble. Even though there was no reason for him to be. Whatever...fuck him. He can't keep him captive like a goddamn prisoner.

He makes sure to avoid eye contact for the rest of the meeting. It mostly consists of work being caught up, and of course, France and Englands issues, that nobody seems to care about. As usual, America will bail out England. Someone else will help France.

Hopefully.

Something stirs in America though during the meeting. The way Germany looks at Italy, even when he's clearly getting annoyed with his constant "pasta" rattles. The look in his eyes is eerily the same as Russias when he looks at him.

Wait a minute.

Does that mean they're?

Americas eyes widen while the others are all chatting and trying to chime in about their own issues.

GERMANY IS FUCKING ITALY.

It all makes sense now. That's the fucking LOOK. Who else here has a "little country" to fuck? He peers around, spotting Spain and Romano. There's the LOOK. He suddenly feels a little nauseous. So these countries really do find someone smaller and that's what they take over. Giving them enough freedom to be free but also having their way whenever they want! This is what Russia was talking about!

The other countries, some of them probably want him to be their bottom country. Nobody stands a chance in a fight except Russia, unless they all decided to come together.

America: "Oh god.." he mumbles out, trying not to vomit.

England: "Eh?! Are you sick? Come on, bathroom."

America: "N-no, I'm ok. I'm ok.."

He really was in danger...