⌗ 2

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Soaking away her tears, she slowly closed her eyes, feeling the warmth and scent of the rose-like fragrance that surrounded the room. Playing with the rose petals, she took a moment to take in the warm water she was bathing in.

Suddenly, a light knock was brought to her attention. “If you need anything, I'll be right outside the door.”, a soft voice spoke as Zoey recognized it. It was Jeno.

Slowly, she stepped out of the tub, grabbing a towel, before wiping herself off. “I'll be out in a minute.”, she said, as she heard Jeno hum in response. Zoey quickly got changed into an elegant, yet simple dress, before stepping out of the room.

“How do I look?”, she asked him, waiting for an answer. Jeno froze in his place, staring at her in awe, as his cheeks turned a small tint of red. “You look... amazing.”, a smile made its way to her lips, as Jeno looked away, slightly flustered.

Jeno cleared his throat, attempting to keep his composure. “Renjun and Jaemin are talking to the rest of the members about you joining Neo Zone. We'll go into the meeting room once they give you permission.”, she slowly nodded, still not quite understanding where she is or what was going on.

“What's Neo Zone...? You guys haven't explained that yet.”, she asked, as Jeno slowly nodded. “It's an underground organization of people who plan to go against the government.“, “In other words, a mafia.”, Zoey widened her eyes. “A mafia?!!!”.

She had never imagined that this place would be the Headquarters of a mafia. “By the time you join, you'll be the only female member among the elites.”, she furrowed her brows. “Really?”, Jeno nodded.

“Elites are the most powerful members of Neo Zone, the high class citizens. The middle class citizens make up the border or the outside of the group. The Elites work on the inside.”, “Only Elites have access to all the files and downloads we've saved.”, she slowly nodded.

Suddenly, a thought came back to her. “Renjun said... he might know where my brother is?”, she asked, her heart pounding out of her chest. “You mean Jaehyun hyung?”, Zoey blinked. “Hyung?”, Jeno sighed. “He would always talk about his little sister. So much, that you'd start to find it annoying.”, he let out a small chuckle at the thought.

“M-my brother... he's here..?”, tears threatened to fall, as Jeno gave her a small smile. “Yeah.”, he simply replied, as Zoey smiled. “I was surprised when I first heard his name come out of your mouth.”, “I was held hostage in the government headquarters as a labrat. Jaehyun saved me. I owe my life to him.”, Jeno smiled. “I'm really glad I met his sister. I'll make sure to keep you out of harm's way. It's the least I can do for him.”, she smiled warmly, feeling proud of her brother for doing such a thing.

“Thanks, Jeno. For bringing me here.”, she grabbed a hold of his hand, giving it a tight squeeze. “I would've already been dead by now, still covered in snow.”, she smiled ever so slightly, not realizing she was pulling on Jeno's heartstrings. “Y-your welcome...”.

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

In The Meeting Room

The Elite members sat around an oval-shaped table, commencing their weekly meeting where they update each other on important matters. Renjun, who sat near the middle, suddenly stood up, grabbing everyone's attention.

“Taeyong hyung, Jaemin and I have something to say.”, he said, an intimidating aura illuminating around him. “Permission to speak?”, Taeyong nodded. “Permission granted.”, Jaemin glanced over at Jaehyun, before Renjun began to speak. “The both of us would like to request permission to add a new member to the Elites.”, the room fell silent, whispers and comments surrounding the tensed aura of the room. “Jeno is downstairs with that potential member.”.

“You're requesting for a new member?”, Taeyong furrowed his brows. “That's odd. You guys never request that.”, Kun commented, earning nods from other members.

“Well, Kun hyung, this isn't just any person. This person is related to one of the members.”, he said, smiling. “What do you mean?”, Taeyong questioned him, becoming intrigued. “Jaehyun hyung.”, the room erupted with gasps and shocked expressions. “Me?”, Jaehyun furrowed his brows, extremely confused.

“Yes, hyung.”, he looked straight into his eyes, giving him a small smile, before Jaemin broke the news to him. “It's your sister, hyung.”.