⌗ 10

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Smirking up at them, Giselle pointed her gun at Chenle's head, taking steps towards them. “Wasn't Renjun enough?”, Zoey asked, cautiously taking steps back. “Oh, dear. My main target was you. He just so happened to get in the way.”, she narrowed her gaze, fingers hovering above the trigger.

Chenle watched her intently, anticipating her every move. As she went to pull the trigger, he grabbed the back of Zoey's head, pushing her to the ground, as they narrowly avoided the attack. Immediately loading the gun once more, Giselle continued to fire, as Chenle pushed Zoey back inside the cave.

Hearing the gunshots, the rest of the members, excluding Jeno and Renjun, had rushed outside to assess the situation. “What the hell is going on?!”, Mark yelled out before noticing Giselle. “A little help here?!!”, Chenle said, continueing to dodge the bullets. “On it.”, Haechan said, taking a gun of his own out of his pocket.

Noticing this, Giselle brought her fingers to her lips, letting out a whistle, as backup came out from behind the bushes. “It's an ambush! Shit!”, Jaemin cursed out, taking out a knife from his pocket.

Loading up his gun, Haechan glanced over at Zoey who looked panicked. “Why don't you go inside, we'll take care of this.”, he said, but she shook her head, looking at the battle ratio; five:eight, they were definitely outnumbered. “No, I'll help. I don't want to drag you guys down.”.

“No one said you were.”, she shook her head. “You don't have to say anything for me to understand that I'm a burden.”, she laughed. “I have to start pulling my own weight. I'm a member of Neo Zone now. I can't just sit back and do nothing. I have to fight.”, Haechan slightly smiled, amazed by how much she's grown. “It's going to be tough. Can you do it?”.

Zoey smiled, taking her knife out of her pocket. “I can do it. It's kill or be killed. I'm merely doing this to survive.”, he nodded, proud of her progress, as she rushed out into the battlefield, picking a fight with one of the girls.

“A girl in Neo Zone? That's surprising. What an honor to be able to kill the first official female member~”, one of the girls said, making Zoey grit her teeth. “And you think I'll let that happen?”, she smirked, amused by Zoey. “We'll see who comes out on top.”.

The girl swung her sword near Zoey's side, slightly grazing her, as Zoey had jumped out of the way. Quickly laying a counterattack, she stabbed the girl on the shoulder, earning a piercing scream in her right ear. Cannons sounded off, as two of the girl's member's were killed off.

“You bitch!”, the girl screamed at her, kicking Zoey right in the gut. Keeping her balance, she stayed standing, clutching her stomach.

Without warning, the girl ran towards her, swinging her sword at Zoey's feet. Jumping up to dodge it, finding herself stumbling backwards after her landing.

The girl took this opportunity to make a deep cut on Zoey's thigh, causing her to stumble to the ground. The girl hovered above her, smirking. “Die, bitch.”, pointing her sword right at Zoey's chest, the girl raised her weapon before shoving it down to pierce her heart.

Zoey's eyes widened as she looked down at her small knife in which she barely blocked the girl's attack. “Eat your own words, you piece of shit!!!”, Zoey kicked her in the stomach, making her fly off her. Zoey then got back on her feet, kicking the girl's sword out of her hand, before sitting on top on her. “Never celebrate too early.”.

With that, Zoey stabbed her in the head, leaving her brain dead. Another cannon went off, followed by one more, confirming the girl's death as well as another's. Taking a deep breathe, the pain she had set aside began to pound on her, throwing her into a state of vulnerability.

Laughing at how miserable she felt, she saw someone approach her out of the corner of her eye. “You okay?”, she looked up, locking eyes with Jisung. “Never been better.”.

The boy chuckled at her sarcastic comment, helping her to stand, as she leaned onto his shoulder. “What the hell is that?”, they heard Jaemin say.

Staring off into the distance, a green fog came into sight. “What?”, she mumbled under her breath, as Haechan grabbed a stick, throwing it at the fog. Within a millisecond, the stick dissolved on impact with the mysterious green fog.

Widening their eyes, they glanced at each other. “Fuck.”, Chenle cursed out, as Mark yelled, “RUN!!!”.