⌗ 47

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

The sound vibrated off the walls, the tiny bullet landing just beside his heart. His eyes widened, the excruciating pain being all too familiar to him.

“JISUNG!!!!”, Renjun and Jaemin ran over to him, his body nearly collapsing from the impact. Jisung began to violently cough up blood.

“Shit! Shit! What do we do?!!”, Chenle asked, his mind going into a state of panic. Taeyong shot Chang-Kyun in the head, finishing him off.

“Mark just killed the last one, let's go!”, Taeyong ordered, Johnny and Jaemin then lifting Jisung up by his arms, dragging him towards the ladder.

One by one, they climbed down until it was just Johnny. Johnny clenched his teeth, his hand digging into his pockets to pull something out.

Using all his strength, he released the trigger, throwing it into the room, before quickly rushing down the ladder, making it halfway before a large explosion knocked him off.

Johnny blew up the hideout, with no remorse. Mark helped Johnny up, the rest of them rushing towards the exit before the tunnel collapsed due to the explosion.

“Really, John? A hand grenade?!! Not even a timed bomb! The tunnel is collapsing thanks to the impact!”, Renjun complained, earning a shrug from the said man.

“Not my problem.”, Johnny said.

Renjun groaned in annoyance, Taeyong turning to glare at the two. “Yah! Hurry up! The tunnel is collapsing.”, he said, bringing the situation to light.

Running through the tunnels, the ground above them began to shake, dirt particles flying down from the roof.

Feeling the urgency to get out of there as quickly as possible, they pushed themselves to run even faster.

With only a split second to spare, they made it out, the tunnel collapsing from behind them.

Jeno let out a sigh of relief, his eyes travelling towards the closed off entrance. “That was a close one.”.

The eight of them were out of breath, their breathing heavy and more frequent as their hands came to their knees.

“How is he?”, Mark asked, his head nodding to Jisung. Jaemin sighed, shaking his head. “Not good. His pulse is getting weaker by the minute. We have to hurry.”, he said, his tone urgent.

Mark nodded, his expression hardening. “Cmon, let's move. He needs immediate medical attention.”.

The others nodding, Johnny retaking his place under Jisung's arm, helping Jaemin to carry him down the streets of the Capitol.

Within twenty minutes, they found themselves at the doorstep of Taeil's house, their bodies already tired from recent events.

Rushing inside, multiple pairs of eyes stared them down, Taeyong being the first one to come into view.

They looked at him expectedly, waiting for some good news. He sighed, almost reading their expressions perfectly.

“Mission success. The rebellion is over.”, he said, smiles finding their way to each of their faces.

However, their smiles dipped down into frowns as Taeyong moved aside, allowing Jaemin and Johnny to rush the injured boy inside.

Zoey felt as if her heart had stopped and sank all the way to the bottom of the ocean. The sight was truly horrifying to her.

They were all shocked, Juri being the first one to snap out of it as she led the two boys to the guest room, running around to gather her supplies.

Zoey's eyes brimmed with tears, immediately following the two boys into the room as they placed Jisung down on the bed, already stripping him of his shirt.

“What happened?! Oh my god- is he alright?!!!”, she panicked, her hand finding the side of his face where his eyes could barely stay open.

He gave her a weak smile, almost trying to reassure her that he was okay, but he clearly wasn't.

The immense amount of fear she was feeling had taken over, hot tears now spilling out of her eyes, the boy frowning slightly, but unable to say a word due to the pain he was in.

He brought his hand up, wiping away her tears, a sense of warmth returning to her heart knowing he was staying strong.

Jaemin cleared his throat, gaining her attention.

“He got shot, his pulse is weak.”, Jaemin explained, Juri running back into the room. “Grab some towels and apply pressure. I'll take the bullet out.”.

Johnny and Jaemin nodded as Juri turned to the worried girl, gently nudging her towards the door.

“I know what you're thinking, but everything will be fine. Jisung's a tough boy. He'll pull through.”, she said, a small smile on her lips.

“Go wait outside, I'll make sure you're the first one to see him when I'm done.”, the girl slowly nodded, hesitantly taking steps towards the door.

She looked over her shoulder, seeing how the two boys held the now blood stained towels against Jisung's chest.

She felt a tear stroll down, her hand instinctively coming up to wipe it away.

Don't you dare die on me, Ji.

I won't ever forgive you.

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Sorry if its a bit short, Ik-

But wow, only three more chapters to go! I'm not ready for this to end T-T