⌗ 22

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Scanning around the arena, Mark counted the amount of enemies still left. Only seven...?, he thought, the labrats must have taken out Pirate...

“You must be the girl we've heard so much about...”, Zoey looked up at the mention of herself, glaring at whoever spoke to her. “What about it?”, she took steps towards him, wearing a daring smirk on her face.

“Confident, I see.”, “Giselle, are you sure she's a weakling?”, the man glanced over at the girl only a few feet behind him. “Positive.”, Giselle smirked at Zoey, making her grit her teeth.

“I've changed. I'm not the weakling you think I am.”, she said firmly. “We came here to win. Don't think it'll be so easy.”.

Renjun smirked at her words while walking towards her, placing his arm over her shoulders. “She's our very own hidden ace.”, he said, making Zoey smile ever so slightly.

“So you didn't die? How unfortunate.”, Giselle said as the said boy rolled his eyes. “You have a real problem with underestimating others.”, Renjun said, shaking his head.

“That will get you killed.”, he stated, as if he was going to be the one to do that. Giselle avoided his burning gaze as Renjun clicked his tongue, annoyed.

“I'm tired. I haven't gotten much sleep thanks to the huge target on our backs.”, “Let's finish this quickly.”, Zoey nodded, a smirk now plastered on her face. “I thought you'd never ask.”.

Pulling the knives out of his pocket, Renjun flicked his wrists, sending the two knives into the sides of the man's head. The cannon went off.

Zoey's expression turned serious as she grabbed the bow from behind her, kneeling down, as she drew her arrow back, aiming at her first target.

The overwhelming hatred she had for Giselle was still evident, her mind recalling the memories of what she did to Renjun. Putting every ounce of her emotions into that single arrow, she released it.

Too distracted by the fact that Renjun had killed the man in front of her, she didn't see it coming as it landed right in the center of her chest.

Giselle fell to her knees as she coughed up trickles of blood. “Y-you....”, she groaned in pain, stopping mid sentence as her vision grew blurry.

“Your biggest mistake was getting on my bad side.”, Zoey said as she walked over to Giselle's limp body. Crouching down in front of the nearly deceased woman, she grabbed the arrow sticking out of her chest before pulling it out. Giselle let out a piercing scream as Zoey rolled her eyes.

“And my biggest mistake was letting you torment me for so long...”, “After all, it's kill or be killed. That logic is now perfectly clear to me. I never should have hesitated from the beginning..”.

“You helped me discover this new side to me, Giselle. I should thank you.”, she said, gazing down at Giselle's now dead body. Her eyes now closed and her chest unable to rise. “I hope it's fun there. Say hi to the devil for me.”, she mocked her as Zoey stood up, lightly kicking the dead body in front of her.

“Farewell, bitch.”.

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Heavy breathing, metal clanging, cannons sounding off, and piercing screams. The only four sounds that could be heard during the past hour and a half. Surrounded by eight other individuals, the man let out a shaky breath.

“L-let's talk about this....”, the man held his hands up in defense as Jisung scoffed, resting his axe on his shoulder. “There's no talking about anything? Your death will truly be one to celebrate.”, the youngest said, coldly, as Jeno approached the man with his sword.

“Sorry, man. Looks like we've won again.”, Jeno smiled, showing his charming eye smile as he swung his sword, beheading the last remaining member of power.

The final cannon went off as the eight of them immediately dropped their weapons, letting out sighs of relief. “It's finally over...”, Zoey announced, earning a smile from Jaemin. “Yeah, it's finally over.”.

Jaemin bent down to her level before wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling Zoey into a comforting hug. “You were so strong. I'm very proud of you, Zoey.”, “We all are.”.

Zoey buried her face into the crook of his neck, her eyes watering at the heavy emotions she was feeling. “Thank you.... thank you for everything.”, Jaemin laughed as she let out a small sob.

“It's my pleasure, princess.”.

The two pulled away as Jaemin wiped the tears off her face, smiling softly at the girl he loved with all his heart.

All of a sudden, a loud siren went off as a huge mass of gas began to fill the giant cube they were trapped in. “What's going on?!”, she asked as she began to cough violently at the suffocating substance that was entering her lungs.

“Calm down! They are taking us out the same way they brought us in!”, Jaemin said, reassuring the others, as they all significantly calmed down. With their body's giving out, they all collapsed to the ground, blacking out.

The next thing they knew, they were back in their waiting room.