⌗ 20

დ

დ .•*””*• ★ •*””*•.★.•*””*• ★ •*””*•.დ

Taking a second to breath, Renjun let out a breathy laugh, glancing over at the boy who was laying next to him, also out of breath. “That was probably the most challenging fight I've ever been in.”, the older boy laughed, nodding his head. “He was tough, but we came out on top.”, Mark said, glancing over at Jinyoung's now dead body. “Seriously... I'm exhausted.”.

Twenty minutes had passed since Mark had last watched Zoey follow after the female labrat into the cave from the corner of his eye. He didn't want to admit it, but he was extremely worried for her.

Over the past couple of days, Mark found himself experiencing things he had never experienced before. From the constant worrying to the happiness he felt while watching over the girl, he always felt elated. He saw her as a little sister, one he had always wanted to have. But, was that really all?

Clutching his head that had been throbbing through it all, Haechan stumbled back, finding it hard to keep his balance. Jisung had been holding his own against Lucas as Haechan tended to Chenle's wounds, despite his own wounds.

Jisung was undeniably the strongest person on their team, physically. He hasn't wavered once since the beginning of their brawl. Haechan watched in amaze as he was singlehandedly defending the older one's from the wrath of their enemy. It was a brutal fight. Giant versus giant.

“Hyung...”, Haechan's eyes looked down at the younger one, his gaze softening at his state. “Chenle, get some rest. We'll finish him.”, the boy shook his head. “No, hyung... this is my fight.”, he said as he pushed himself off the ground. “He killed Jane...”.

“He killed my little sister, so now... he has to pay for it...”, he mentioned, eyeing the older one with a small smile. “But you're in no condition to fight—”, “Emotions make you stronger, believe it or not, and I'm feeling every ounce of rage, sadness, and despair.”, Chenle started. “I need to be the one to end this... for her... for my little angel...”.

Tears swelled up in his eyes as a sad smile made it's way to his lips, remembering the good days with his little sister and his parents, all killed by the giant labrat just a yard away from him. He had to avenge them, that was the only way. His sole purpose. His only reason for living. Until now...

Haechan nodded, understanding him completely, as he stood on his feet, facing the younger one with a proud smile. “You've grown. A real man you've become. I'm proud of you.”.

Chenle let out a small laugh, rolling his eyes at Haechan's words. “That was really hard to hear, but thanks anyways, hyung.”, the older one ruffled the boy's hair before lightly pushing him forward, giving him any ounce of courage he could.

He would surely need it.

The smile now leaving his lips, Chenle pulled his gun out, loading it. In the distance, he noticed Jisung finally beginning to struggle under the stronger one's wrath. “Jisung!”, Chenle called out, pulling the trigger of his gun, only to slightly graze the side of Lucas's face. “Shit... I missed.”, he mumbled to himself.