1͓̽4͓̽)❤️𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚡 𝙵! 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

Every year, in honor of Easter, a carnival was set up just outside the village. It was in the middle of all of the neighboring cities and villages, so it was hella crowded. It had everything, cotton candy, funnel cakes, snow cones, games, and the most crowded event, rides! It was like a dream. There was a Huge Ferris wheel, decorated in bright, colorful lights, a Small boat that would swing, and the classic Tilt-a-whirl, a ride with swings. For the older kids, they had no interest in any of those. They were focused on the even bigger rides, such as the Zipper, or Zero Gravity. No one at your school was brave enough to ride those. It's been like that every year. None of the people in your school would go on it. This year, your friend decides to break the cycle, and makes you to ride one of the big kid rides.
-----
(Your POV)
It was a Monday, and the week of Easter. So, we were almost finished with this year! The whole week, the school buzzed about the carnival, even if they were too scared for the main event. The big rides. You couldn't blame them. They they were most likely being held down by a rope or two. Anywho, it's finally recess, and I was talking to my best friend, Hortensia in the jungle gym. We were sitting on the floor, in the middle of the bars.

<<We should go to the Carnival today!>>

She exclaimed.

<<Sure. What should we do there?>>

<<Let's go on the big rides.>>

<<What? No!>>

<<Why nooott? My stepmom said that when she was in school, a kid Oliver Jones went on the Zipper. He was a legend!>>

<<So? Have you seen the rides? That's a death wish right there.>>

I replied, taking a sip of my juice box.

<<You don't have a choice.>>

She grinned evilly as I nearly choked on my sweet drink.

<<You wouldn't.>>

Her smirk somehow got bigger than before as I looked at her.

<<Hortensia please!>>

<<I triple dog dare you.>>

The kids around us cut off their chatting and gasped. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.
——
For context, our school has this thing where every year, we each have 2 triple dog dares to use against each other--no backing out allowed--and she used her last one right now. The first one she used was to dare me to scare the new kids. There was officially no backing out.
——
The kids murmured around us. I didn't plan on becoming the new Oliver Jones today, but here we are.

<<No way she'll do it. After Oliver no one's done it.>>

<<Have some faith. You'll never know!>>

I turned away from them, looking to Hortensia. She was already staring at me, a faint smile barely visible on her face. She quickly glanced away. I groaned once again. She looked over to me.

<<You good?>>

<<I can't do this, not alone!>>

<<Then I'll go with you.>>

I looked up to her for a moment before jumping on her lap, hugging her.

<<Thank you!>>

She tensed up, before slowly putting her hands around me.

<<Yeah, n-no problem.>>

She stuttered. She quickly realized it and "corrected" herself.

<<I mean, yeah, whatever. Your welcome.>>