10

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Harin asked as she crossed her arms and sighed heavily, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah, he doesn't seem like a bad person," I answered with a shrug. "Maybe you don't know who he really is."

"He's also bad news, Ae," Harin replied, closing her eyes and taking deep breaths.

I shrugged nonchalantly.

It was a Saturday morning and I had agreed to hang out with Beomgyu for the day. Crazy, right? But for the past few days of talking to each other on Facebook, he actually seemed like a really nice person and so he had the nerve to ask me if we could hang out on Saturday. I had to list the pros and cons of hanging out with Beomgyu yet nothing showed up on my con list so I had accepted his offer within minutes. I also haven't heard from Soobin at all which for the first time, I didn't mind. My conversations with Beomgyu actually made me smile and it felt as if a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders. It really did.

So now, I was in my room standing in front of the full-length mirror and staring back at my reflection. I decided to go with a black singlet with a white jacket on top, rolled up to my elbows with faded, ripped blue jeans. I matched the outfit with nude pink stilettos which actually looked really good. Harin had offered to take me to the mall where Beomgyu and I planned to meet.

"Wait," Harin said, quickly getting off the bed and made sure my straight hair was untangled. "We're good to go."

I smiled at Harin and quickly grabbed a black handbag that Jiah had left on my bed the previous night as a gift. I placed my wallet and my phone inside before looking in the mirror once more then followed Harin out of the room. We both walked downstairs as we were met by my father and Jiah, on the sofa in the living room and watching some romantic movie which had me smiling in awe.

"Aera and I are heading out!" Harin exclaimed standing by the front door as both Jiah and my father's head whipped around in our direction, paused the movie then scrambled off the couch and into our direction. "Oh well, you didn't have to see us head out the door."

-

-

-

-

It took us fifteen minutes to reach the mall since Harin had to fill up her petrol tank. Once Harin found a parking space, she clicked a button and the car started parking itself automatically whilst Harin grabbed her handbag and started checking if everything she needed was inside. Once the car was done parking, she took out her keys from the ignition and started getting out of the car, which I had done the same as she quickly locked her car.

"Now, if you need me, just call me," Harin said sternly, pointing a finger at me. "I'm going on a shopping spree for myself."

I gave her a grateful smile before we kissed each other on both cheeks before parting ways to our destination. I walked towards Starbucks as my instructions were to wait in front of the store for him. Once I spotted no one, I sighed and leaned against the wall, waiting for Beomgyu as I took out my phone and started scrolling through Instagram since Harin had kidnapped my phone and installed many social media apps on it.

After a few minutes, I felt a hot breath tickle my neck as I whipped my head around and accidentally slammed my head against a hard one as we both said 'ouch' at the same time. I backed away a few steps before placing my phone back inside my bag whilst rubbing the side of my head as a smile quickly formed on my lips at the sight of Beomgyu, rubbing his forehead.

Surprisingly, Beomgyu wasn't wearing any dark clothes. He was wearing a denim button up t-shirt tucked inside his denim jeans as a brown belt was holding it up. He was also wearing blue vans and to my absolute surprise, he was wearing glasses that I did not know he even needed. He looked attractive, I'd admit that.