12

SOOBIN'S POV

"So that's the only thing I saw," Harin said, looking at her well-manicured nails. "She seemed really happy though."

I clenched my jaw and my fists at the same time as I watched Harin give me a smile before dashing off to Yeonjun who was waiting for her at the edge of the cliff with his hands in his pockets, staring out at the city. Taehyun and Kai were leaning against Kai's Mercedes as I leaned against Harin's Porsche, thoughts scattering in my mind on what to do with Aera after hearing she had a fun day with that jerk. I've been looking forward to taking Aera out properly since I didn't get to do that due to a call that I had received about Beomgyu approaching my sister.

It was my fault.

I had told Harin I didn't care about Aera and that she should do whatever she wants. Now that Harin thinks Aera is happy, all I can do is to be happy for her and wish her the best. Sike, I'm going to win her back. Like I said, I lost her once, not losing her again. I sighed, the thought of Aera being happy with someone else flooded my mind and fucking up my emotions in the process as I watched Yeonjun and Harin, who was standing hand in hand together, staring out at the view as it made me think of Sooyeon and I when I took her out here because of our grandparents' death.

I watched Harin reach into her pocket before pulling out her phone then answered it. She turned to face me, her eyes widening as she bit her lip then mouthed 'yeah' before hanging up. Her face began to drain colour as she hurriedly made her way towards me, shoving me out of the way.

"Harin, what's up?" I asked with a bit of worry for my friend.

"Aera," Harin answered as she opened the driver's door. "My father said that she ran away about twenty minutes ago and he still can't find her. I need to go help."

"Can't Aera make her way back?" Kai asked after approaching towards us with Taehyun in tow.

"Aera doesn't know her way around idiots," Harin answered with a shake of her head before taking her keys out and tried putting it into the ignition.

My heart started beating against my chest as my throat when dry. "I'll help."

Harin can only nod then close her door before Yeonjun quickly went into the Porsche's passenger seat as I hurriedly got into my Tesla. In the rear view mirror, I watched Taehyun and Kai quickly get into the Mercedes before Harin started her car, zooming down the dirt road.

-

-

-

-

When we reached Aera's house, Mr Jang was worried sick. He was trembling and his face was pale as if he'd seen a ghost. I watched his wrinkles form on his forehead as he had one of his friends, Sunwook, calm him down whilst Jiah was getting him a cup of water. I ordered Yeonjun to stay here in case Aera appears whereas Taehyun and Kai to check the mall. Harin insisted she check the neighbourhood and I volunteered to come along which she had protested for a few seconds but then thought it was for the best.

Now, we were in my Tesla, driving slowly around the neighbourhood in the direction Mr Jang had last seen Aera run off in. My worry for Aera grew every second as well as Harin whose eyes were concentrated on the window for any signs of a teenage girl in a unicorn onesie, her index finger twirling around a strand of her jet black locks tightly.

"Aera's a strong girl," I mumbled, hoping Harin could hear.

"Our father lost Aera once, he's not going to lose her again," Harin replied with so much determination. "I'm not going to let that happen."