2. Say Yes To The Dress! Teen Bride Edition

If I wasn't sure of my decision to marry Dante before, I definitely am now.

Nonno didn't contact him right away to give me time to think things through, but since Dante is actually insane, he took that personally.

A few days ago my Uncle Giovanni was at our door holding what looked like a USB with a grim look on his face. When he turned it towards us I immediately recognized it as my cousin Matteo's Juul that he literally is never without (lowkey I think he has an addiction). I knew immediately it was his because it had his initials messily carved on the side and because Matteo had texted me earlier complaining about losing it and how he was pretty sure his mom found it.

Uncle Gio explained that it was delivered to Nonno's office with a note saying something along the lines of "you're lucky to have so many strong grandsons and such a close knit family, it'd fr be a shame if something were to happen lmao," signed by a "D. R." who obviously is no one other than Dante Rossi.

After that, we kinda had to tell Aunt Elena and my cousins what's going on. It was kinda awkward when we had to say "hey someone took Matteo's Juul," and Aunt Elena glared daggers at him the whole time. Lowkey I was kinda worried for Matteo 'cause for awhile it looked like if Dante didn't kill him, Aunt Elena would.

They took the whole "your life's in danger" thing surprisingly well if I'm being honest, I mean they only freaked out a little. Are they on board with this marriage? Absolutely not, but after seeing Matteo's Juul with Dante's note attached to it, I feel this deep responsibility to keep him away from my family.

The only way Dante could have gotten the juul is by taking it off Matteo's person or going or by taking it from his bedroom where it's usually hidden under his mattress. Both options are equally disturbing to me.

Anyways, Nonno was sorta forced to answer Dante and tell him that we agree to the whole wedding thing. I thought "okay this is cool, this gives me a few months at least," but since Dante is crazy, he wants to get married in two weeks.

Which brings me here, to the bridal boutique with my mom and Aunt Elena as we pick out my wedding dress.

I look in a mirror and make sure my sunglasses are on and my hood is up, mostly obstructing my face.

Mom gives me a quizzical look, so I rush to explain, "It's so no one recognizes me."

Before she can respond, Aunt Elena holds up the most hideous dress I've ever laid my eyes on. "I think this is perfect for you."

I gag at the white monstrosity. "Why does it look like there's four arm holes?"

Aunt Elena examines the layers of tulle, silk, and what seems like every fabric on this earth. "I think it's a jumpsuit with a skirt attached?"

"Why is there so much fabric, but so much of it is mesh? What exactly are they trying to cover here?" Mom asks.

Before I can respond, the consultant comes over to us. "Hello, I'm Grace, I'll be your consultant today. What can I help you ladies find?"

The best way to describe Grace would be 'clean'. Her blonde bun is slicked back, her black suit is neatly pressed, and there is not a single scuff mark on her shoes. She definitely follows the "clean girl aesthetic".

"We're actually wedding dress shopping today," Mom answers before I get a chance to.

"Oh lovely," The woman claps her hands together. "Which one of you lovely ladies is the bride?" she asks, looking between Mom and Aunt Elena.

Mom pulls me forward, "My daughter, Marty-I mean, Martina is."

I grimace as Grace acknowledges my presence for the first time. "Oh," she says in disbelief. "You look so...young."