8. Dante is crazy fr

The next few days, I basically just FaceTime my friends, online shop, read, and swim in the pool. Some of my stuff has slowly started to get delivered, so I unpack and settle in.

On my fourth day in the house, I learn how to connect to the house's speaker system from my phone. It's not bluetooth like I thought, it's through this app thing. I will admit, this speaker system is a game changer for my shower concerts.

Earlier, I was listening to the Weeknd and it felt like I was at his concert. My friends and I wanted to go to his actual concert, but all of our parents said no because they're no fun.

As I'm in the kitchen, listening to Taylor Swift blare through the house speakers while I make lunch (grilled cheese), I can't help but think of how crazy a house party would go here.

I'd throw one, but I only have like three friends. Five if I count Matteo and Mustafa, but I don't count them since Matteo's my cousin, and Moose is his friend. I did have a lot of people I was friendly with in high school, but we weren't really friends and I wouldn't invite them here since it'd be too much to explain.

Honestly, living here isn't that bad but there's not a single other person around. It would be an introverts dream, but as an extrovert, I am crazy bored. Yesterday, I spent three hours at the gate talking to Leo because I was so bored. Hanging out with him is starting to become part of my schedule, since I'm always ordering food (I am not good at cooking).

To be honest, even Dante's company would be somewhat welcome at this point because the house is too quiet. I didn't realize it before, but there's an actual silence here which I've never really experienced before. In the city, there was always noise outside my window no matter what time of day, and in Montana, there was my family's sounds and the noises of the ranch.

Here, my footsteps echo on the marble tiles.

I go downstairs to the gym and FaceTime Matteo to show him. He sheds an actual tear, and claims that it's unfair that I live in a house with such a beautiful gym. I obviously tell him that we can switch places at any time and he can marry Dante which earns me a scowl and he hangs up.

I think I'll hire a personal trainer or something because I might as well make use of the gym since it's that good. Also, I have no idea what half the machines are for.

I also explore the library/office, because it seems promising. Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately, depending on who you are), the books are mostly Shakespeare and classics. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the classics, but they're not what I read for fun. I'm more of a Y/A, fantasy, romance, rom-com kinda girl and I'm unashamed to admit it.

Unimpressed with Dante's collection, I head to my room for a swimsuit and head to the pool.

I'm dozed off on a pool floatie when a loud buzzing sound startles me awake causing me to scramble around and splash into the pool. Pushing water from my face and sleep from my eyes, I make my way to my towel.

"Martina," Leo's voice echoes through the house. "I mean-Marty. You have a visitor at the front gate, he say's his name is Alessandro?"

Nonno. I immediately rush to the little microphone button and hold it down. "Send him in."

I throw on my shorts and t-shirt and run to the door, flinging it open. Nonno stands there and I throw myself onto him grabbing him in a tight hug.

He laughs. "I didn't know you'd be this excited to see me, I didn't even bring gifts."

"I'm soo glad you're here," I say, pulling him inside. "I was going nuts not having any live human interactions."

He looks around taking in the mansion. "He's clearly not one for subtly," he says.