19. We're Soaring, Flyingg

My cousin Isabella is the person you want with you when you're traveling. Miss girl makes detailed itineraries and spreadsheets and deals with all the planning which is why I texted her immediately after finding out I'm going to Italy. She's been before, so I know she has some experience with what stuff to do and where to go.

I talk with her as I do some last minute packing. Our flight is early in the morning tomorrow, and Dante wanted to take his private jet. I was all for that idea until I remembered all the petitions and save the earth, private jets are destroying the planet stuff I signed and realized that's super hypocritical of me to be using a private jet so I made a big deal about it until he agreed to take a normal flight (how terrible for him) but he refused to sit anywhere but first class.

I am more than okay with that, and so is my conscience.

"Omg Marty there's this club that's super amazing, you have to go." Isabella says.

"I'm underage," I pout.

"I think the minimum age to go clubbing there is like sixteen, and even then, don't you have a fake?"

"Oh wait for real?" I pause my folding and stare at her.

She nods in confirmation. "The place I went to did an Abba night which was so fun, also make sure you have like, good shoes if you go sightseeing." She sighs dreamily. "I loved Italy and I think you'll love it too."

"I hope so," I say, zipping up my suitcase. "I wish we had like, family there that I could go meet."

"I know me too," she says, as she expertly does her eyeliner. "Maybe we should do one of those ancestry DNA kits and find out if we have any relatives in Italy?"

I shrug. I know to stay away from DNA kits just because technically my dad is dead and I feel like that's playing with fire.

"I'm surprised you've never been, isn't your dads side more Italian Italian?" She asks.

"Yeah, but they're like estranged or whatever," I say. Technically it's not a complete lie. Everyone except Nonno and Uncle Gio thinks they're dead, so we had to reason to visit Italy.

"Do you know where you're staying?" She asks while she puts on her lipgloss.

"Not really, I think Dante's family might have a place there?" To no one's surprise, he's been tight-lipped about this whole thing. "He hasn't really told me much," I admit.

"Aww that's so romantic," she grabs her heart. "It would be so great if someone," she coughs pointedly, staring at where her boyfriend is probably sitting, "did that too."

He says something I don't catch, but makes her face light up with a smile and I can't help but smile too. Isabella has had some awful boyfriends in the past so it's nice to see her with someone who makes her happy. Also the fact that he's an NBA player is kinda cool too.

"Anyways Marty, I need to go, but I hope you have so much fun and send lots of pictures," she blows a kiss at the screen and I do the same before we say bye and hang up.

I finally finish packing and get my airport outfit ready after changing my mind like four times. I think I'll be too excited to sleep, so instead I call my parents even though I saw them earlier today.

Dad gives me a list of places he loved when he used to go as a kid, and he seems just a little sad at the fact that he hasn't been since then. To be honest, Dad and Aunt Elena don't really travel much since technically they don't exist and their identities are fake. They think it's 'inviting trouble' so we didn't travel outside of the country much.